Dogs throwing the towel in and breeding.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bred a litter of terrier pups a few yrs ago  and kept back 2 bitches..reared and treated both the same,had them out from pups,pegged out at digs so they could learn the crack,the smooth bitch went the

Posted Sunday at 13:21 "I was walking a pup I had in the valleys and happened into a chap who was shooting a bit close to me, to warn me away from walking near a field or what

Remember this saying your dogs only have to please one person there owner not some bloke who thinks hes the world's leading authority in the running dog world enjoy your mutts and feck  any body else 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

But you’d have it anyways ?

spaniels are last dog I’d ever own, I’d rather have a ginger cat ?

I would gift it to my old man ? he’s the spaniel man in the family. I grew up with about 16 springers in the yard ? I was very lucky as a kid to spend a fair bit of time around the likes of Ian openshaw, roger towser, Cyril Gwyn and all of that lot. Some incredibly impressive dogs and dog men. 

I bet that young dog above would make a lot of ‘seasoned’ dogs in shoots up and down the country look daft by the time it’s 18 months old. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, zigzag dan said:

My family ran an animal feed business for a long time and didn't take me long to realise that it was the same small group of men who had the best livestock no matter what they kept, when they kept lurchers their dogs were top class, pigeons, they won everything, trotting horses, won everything again etc. 

On getting to know them, I realised that they only used, tried and tested lines, fed the best possible feed, and most importantly, didn't keep hold of an average animal whilst kidding themselves that they could make it a world beater. 

I don't know him personally but AS is a good example of these men, dominated the coursing world with Dancer, Blondie etc, did very well with trotters and i believe now is top table with spaniels in the Field Trials game....... Its not just a coincidence. 

And his dad had top class non-ped whippets ?

Cheers.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, lurchers said:

Sorry mate I read it wrong I though you meant spider mite.Is the problem in your chicken shed or bird room.You can use ficam W in either but just be careful you don’t spray the birds with it as it is that potent.

I normally use duramitex I've sorted it now spider mite ?

12 hours ago, gnipper said:

Has anyone ever had an awesome dog bred from jackers or untested young pets?

When breeding from any stock you get pairings that just click and produce good stock and you can pair best to best and get crap too. You can breed for certain things like looks easily but ability?

Yea my first Lurcher was bred from my parents pet lurchers. She was a fantastic Lurcher, but at the time I just assumed that was normal. She killed her first hare and retrieved it at 6 months old.. I kept a diary as I was only young and I used to write everything down… the same parents bred 2 dogs called Fly and Cass, owned by Stat. Some might know him and his dogs. 

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, moonlighter said:

Yea my first Lurcher was bred from my parents pet lurchers. She was a fantastic Lurcher, but at the time I just assumed that was normal. She killed her first hare and retrieved it at 6 months old.. I kept a diary as I was only young and I used to write everything down… the same parents bred 2 dogs called Fly and Cass, owned by Stat.

Some might know him and his dogs. 

Yes I know Stat....he is a good man....?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Yes I know Stat....he is a good man....?

Yes he is.. I’ve had some great days out with him and his dogs. He had fly and cass, bred from my parents, then Merlin, Gamble, Judge, Kite. Those are the ones that stick in my mind. All bred from the same original dogs I think. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, scottpenn28 said:

Oh god yeah, manipulating a pedigree is easy! I've been asked before if I would use a particular dog as a stud because the chap wanted a pup but then asked if I would register it as his other dog because the dog he wanted a pup of isn't kc registered and is actually a sprocker.  I didnt but would have been easy to do and from experience know that kc dont check up on that! I believe rytex have been in hot water not so long ago because of sprocker bloodline in their dogs, and in particular a dog gifted to a very famous lady ?

If you have registered dogs about you or reg papers, its possible to register a litter on line that doesnt actually exist, but whos names can be used to create other pedigrees. Just one wrong entry on a pedigree throws the whole lot out. They are worthless in most cases.