LOCATER ARRIVED

micky

On 10/09/2021 at 13:30, micky said:

First impressions  the Box arrived this this morning , it was very well  wrapped and labelled , the box is a Mk 1 but much better made ,the collar  is highly  visible and made of plastic and a good sized Buckle which is a real plus  as i have bad  Hands  and eyes , it works well at 10  Feet + though  this was dry testing  , all in all its a well made unit and the maker seems to be in the game long term .

IMG_20210910_125302.jpg

Do you no if collar works with mk3 box. Cheers

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First impressions  the Box arrived this this morning , it was very well  wrapped and labelled , the box is a Mk 1 but much better made ,the collar  is highly  visible and made of plastic and a good si

On the other hand ; if the box is basically a Mk1 ( actually a misnomer as there were several marks of the "Mark 1"?) it will work with modern collars.

Same, I love the new collars no messing about with a screwcap and insulation tape etc just a nice waterproof collar with the magnet to turn it on and off but just can’t get on with the disco box and n

Posted Images

On 15/09/2021 at 10:10, Netmaker said:

if they are based on the old Mk1 collar they wont work with the Mk3 but like has been said contact him.

On the other hand ; if the box is basically a Mk1 ( actually a misnomer as there were several marks of the "Mark 1"?) it will work with modern collars.

• Like 3
On 18/09/2021 at 15:54, Daniel cain said:

Old boxes pick up every type collar new or old...mk 3 disco box don't work with old collars ?

The ferret was wearing a Mk3 Collar, and the old Grey Wolf worked a treat for me...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 2

There was a chap on here yrs ago used to make and  sell the old type collars...can't remember his name for love or money? think they was £28 each posted,I bought a load 10 yrs or more ago and they still going strong,The blue/yellow ones are the ones he used to make ,next too mk1 in the picDSC_0707.JPG.5f08cbfcbb6377fdb1b3681d9a5823bf.JPG?

1 hour ago, Netmaker said:

that's the combo I use mk3m collars with the old mk1 box can't get with the orange coffin box

Same, I love the new collars no messing about with a screwcap and insulation tape etc just a nice waterproof collar with the magnet to turn it on and off but just can’t get on with the disco box and not just because of the ridiculous noise!!! MK1 boxes are fair superior in my humble opinion. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Dan Newcombe said:

So there is still no real option other than this new version of the mk1 box but it will pick up mk3 collars?

ive given up on the idea of the Nelson version - all I need is another 2 collars to work with my current orange box. 

Your not the only one who’s given up on Nelson and not just the ferret finder either 

• Like 2
On 18/09/2021 at 18:27, Daniel cain said:

There was a chap on here yrs ago used to make and  sell the old type collars...can't remember his name for love or money? think they was £28 each posted,I bought a load 10 yrs or more ago and they still going strong,The blue/yellow ones are the ones he used to make ,next too mk1 in the picDSC_0707.JPG.5f08cbfcbb6377fdb1b3681d9a5823bf.JPG?