Grenfell tower

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

think you guys should have watched the documentry ... maybe there were ilegals in there....and maybe some of them wernt the same colour as you lot....but lets be clear there were white brits in t

We live in an age where there is no such thing as a tragic accident anymore…..we have to blame someone and then attribute whatever reason we see fit to it to pander to the “cause of the day”  Fac

What was sad was that the local English folk had to put up with that tower full of scummy imports who were taking the p*ss out of us all..Failings yes for sure but depends how you look at it as to wha

It's true , my father was moved out of London during slum clearance, went from three families in a three storey building with water from outside tap on roof and toilet outside, to a prefab in Slough with a toilet inside and bedrooms, must have been life changing for them but his father never wanted to leave the slum , had his reputation earned, pub and mates, a selfish human being. 

We live in an age where there is no such thing as a tragic accident anymore…..we have to blame someone and then attribute whatever reason we see fit to it to pander to the “cause of the day” 

Fact is, no councillor, cladding contractor or fitter wanted those people to burn to death…..not once did they think “This will go up like a tinderbox but f**k em !” 

NOT ONCE ! 

It never even entered their head for one second ! 

Mistakes happen, accidents happen.

The contractor and the councillors and no doubt a whole host of other people will have had their lives ruined over a perfectly innocent oversight.

Add that to dead people, it’s loose/loose for all concerned.

Should someone have picked up on it, yes !……but they didn’t.

We purchase products every single day and assume “someone else” checked out that they were all safe to use……where does the buck stop in any sort of normal reality ?

Accident……end of story.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Nah, don't agree, building regs shouldn't allow that cladding , especially on high rise buildings, the company that makes it made it clear it didn't meet spec, council didn't want to pay for proper stuff. Fire service told everyone to stay put , council should have inspected property to a greater extent regards appliances etc , there was no effective way to put it out ....

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TOMO said:

but for fucks sake guys there were kids in there....show some fecking humanity 

There's so much grim shit going on in the world nowadays that I think everyone becomes a bit desensitised to it, unless it's on their own doorstep. 

But, I agree with you about the kids - I hate hearing stuff like that.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Borr said:

Nah, don't agree, building regs shouldn't allow that cladding , especially on high rise buildings, the company that makes it made it clear it didn't meet spec, council didn't want to pay for proper stuff. Fire service told everyone to stay put , council should have inspected property to a greater extent regards appliances etc , there was no effective way to put it out ....

Over the years we have used loads of products that were subsequently found unfit for purpose or dangerous……asbestos probably being the most well known.

That don’t make everyone who ever sold, specified, fixed or made an asbestos sheet guilty of manslaughter of people who died of asbestosis.

We have to assume that fire fighters gave the best advice for the situation, after all they are saving lives every single day and know what they are talking about.

There’s no way the council is gaining access to inspect every single property in a place like that…..never going to happen and even if it did the people living there wouldn’t take a blind bit of notice anyway even if they could speak the language.

Its alright saying this stuff after the event, but it’s just not reality.

Nobody meant those people to die, it was an accident.

Everyones a genius about how to prevent an accident AFTER it has happened.

• Like 3

Wasn't it supposed to have been a faulty 'fridge that started the fire ?

I lived in the third world, ( oops, not supposed to say that, should be "developing world" ), and when you see the electrical installations, you can guarantee it will be overloaded and will start a fire !

Outlets with multiple appliances plugged in, bare wires pushed into outlets, if a fuse blows, just put a bigger one, or a nail, in, that'll do !

I'm in no doubt that such a scenario will have contributed to the Grenfell disaster.

Cheers.

• Like 3

Plenty of folks have been wrongly exposed to asbestos long after the horrors of asbestosis were highlighted, now any property found to have it should be on a register along with area , type of asbestos etc. Well if people can't access these properties to do fire risk assessments etc, then they're fecked I guess, what's strange is the huge amount of similar properties with same cladding so many years after Grenfell. I don't assume anything certainly not that a professional fireman, copper or paramedic, well maybe a paramedic lol but hey ho

40 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Wasn't it supposed to have been a faulty 'fridge that started the fire ?

I lived in the third world, ( oops, not supposed to say that, should be "developing world" ), and when you see the electrical installations, you can guarantee it will be overloaded and will start a fire !

Outlets with multiple appliances plugged in, bare wires pushed into outlets, if a fuse blows, just put a bigger one, or a nail, in, that'll do !

I'm in no doubt that such a scenario will have contributed to the Grenfell disaster.

Cheers.

Didn’t realise you had spent time in Tower Hamlets mate ? Lol ? 

5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Didn’t lurcher man (Kev) have old cockney relatives in there?  So fcuk if it was also full of immigrants, some the comments on here are shameful, we talking about kids, old folk, young folk, I bet it wasn’t just one race that suffered in there, an even if it was, they didn’t take the place over by force, the fcukkng council must have gave them the keys. 

I’m all up for a moan about immigration an refuse to stay quiet cos it offends folk, but to read some these comments are quite frankly sickening, an that’s coming from me ?‍♂️☹️

Mun I get the popcorn in 

2 hours ago, WILF said:

Didn’t realise you had spent time in Tower Hamlets mate ? Lol ? 

Believe it or not, under the original definition Ireland was in the ‘third world’. NATO being the first world, Warsaw Pact and co being second, impartials being third.

And that’s all I have to add to this thread. Ha

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
23 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Believe it or not, under the original definition Ireland was in the ‘third world’. NATO being the first world, Warsaw Pact and co being second, impartials being third.

I remember the President of Pakistan complaining to the King of Saudi Arabia about Pakistan workers being called TCN's, ( third country nationals), and "Pakis".

The King replied " You come to work in Saudi, for American companies, from Pakistan, so you are TCN's, you are called Pakis, just as the English are called Brits, therefore I reject your complaint !

Common sense, I thought.

Cheers.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
46 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I do believe it ! Lol