Grenfell tower

6 hours ago, Borr said:

Nah, don't agree, building regs shouldn't allow that cladding , especially on high rise buildings, the company that makes it made it clear it didn't meet spec, council didn't want to pay for proper stuff. Fire service told everyone to stay put , council should have inspected property to a greater extent regards appliances etc , there was no effective way to put it out ....

when Grenfell Towers were built and finished there should of been inspections and certificates issued to its safety from all involved starting with Architects specifications they wanted,right through to the Fire chief who should of issued a fire safety certificate incase of this tragedy ever happenning Y.I.S Leeview

• Like 2

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

think you guys should have watched the documentry ... maybe there were ilegals in there....and maybe some of them wernt the same colour as you lot....but lets be clear there were white brits in t

We live in an age where there is no such thing as a tragic accident anymore…..we have to blame someone and then attribute whatever reason we see fit to it to pander to the “cause of the day”  Fac

What was sad was that the local English folk had to put up with that tower full of scummy imports who were taking the p*ss out of us all..Failings yes for sure but depends how you look at it as to wha

In a country where you need 4000 paki traffic attendants around the entrance to every building site I don’t for one minute believe that people were deliberately negligent…..not for a minute !

However, the culture is that someone must be thrown to the tribe to cut to pieces so there you have it…….

A tragedy turned into total bollocks….as usual !

No wonder nobody has any sympathy left to give.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, torchey said:

You missed out lifts full of puddles of piss ?

And blocked rubbish chutes on fire smoking everyone out, I lived on the 15th floor of a 21 floor block of 4 identical flats on the Isle of Dogs they all got tarted up and beautified when the docklands went all yuppie a shit hole I do not miss

• Like 2
4 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I remember the President of Pakistan complaining to the King of Saudi Arabia about Pakistan workers being called TCN's, ( third country nationals), and "Pakis".

The King replied " You come to work in Saudi, for American companies, from Pakistan, so you are TCN's, you are called Pakis, just as the English are called Brits, therefore I reject your complaint !

Common sense, I thought.

Cheers.

Was always the case, the Pakistanis in the mill I served my time in always referred to themselves as Pakis, especially when we had an interior cricket comp, Pakis v English lol

Some good posts on this thread lads, let's keep it civil, all viewpoints are worth consideration ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Check out the litany of failure, cynicism, callousness and sheer contempt for human life. In good old THL style justice, those responsible should be lined up and shot.

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

A public inquiry has questioned employees of the metals firm that supplied cladding for Grenfell.

3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

What the worst part for me is, an it applies to even the folk that say, fcuk em, dirty immigrants brought it on themselves….

Are we to honestly belive this was only building in which corners where cut, palms greased an brown envelopes passed over? What about all the other high risers, offices, hospitals, schools, normal housing an every other type building you can think of, that’s places our kids sit in. Places we got to in an emergency, places we live an work? could happen to any of us at anytime, then who’s fault would it be ?

I know a few lads who are on a good screw as fire marshal's looking after  flats built with similar materials until sprinklers are fitted..all down Cardiff bay?

Just now, iworkwhippets said:

That reminds me to update my funeral plan with pure cremation.com 

Cheapskate! I'm having a proper funeral( without the fecking priest). Got it paid for and a drink for anybody miserable enough to toast my health, er memory.??