• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or worse still he’ll cut through the beam and it’ll be useless then

Laser levels  aren't great in daylight. 

All sorted, luckily I was in the area and was happy to help.

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, jok said:

Travellers ffs. Now that brings back memories when we were dry stone dyeing on the farm. Haven’t heard that one for years. Jok.

They would work providing he has an edge to his hedge and he can get in position to site down them. 

Just add an offset that allows him to stand in comfort and jobs a good un, you can even make a base for them so you can stand them up with no assistance. 

Personally I'd just use a string line and offset it a bit high, he's not making a Rolex FFS. ?

Just now, Ken's Deputy said:

:hmm: Would these 'Travellers' be like boards, to provide solid back stops along the length of the beam then?

You don't need a beam mate. If you're wanting disco lights then knock yourself out but these will do.., ?

boning-rods_3d-view_01.jpg

Even simpler, if you're paranoid about cutting the string just find the height you want to reduce them to, set your string line, spray the line with a tin of marker spray and then remove the line, proceed to cut along the spray line. ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

@jok I'm afraid that all went a bit over my head, mate ?

I'm getting the point about them needing a close, solid back stop. Or night, though.

Cutting my hedge at night? No problem what so ever.

Put the laser on at night and spray line paint along it so you can see in the daylight.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gnipper said:

Put the laser on at night and spray line paint along it so you can see in the daylight.

Seriously, Gnips; Cutting my hedge by night is absolutely no problem for me.

I'll probably just grab a random £20 one and tie it to the post at the end of the hedge. Slice along that. Tie it to the poas at the other end. Repeat.

If the beam cant manage twenty feet? I'll stick a third post in the middle :)

I only want to, for once, get a nice, dead level top on this thing. Sides I can manage easily. Well worth a score, to see it all flat and lovely.