Laser Levels?

I'd like a dead basic, cheap as chips laser level. For extremely limited, DIY use. Only possible deal breaker is that it would, ideally, have a beam of 25'.

Just gazing out at my hedge, see. Damn thing's going wild. Desperately needs a cut. I'd like to do a better job than last time. Was thinking about a string line. But, A/ I'd likely cut it. And, B/ I fukking hate wrapping those things back up!

Then, I had a stroke of genius! Position a Laser! Easy to see and follow. Can't cut the fukking thing! :boogy: Hedge is 46' long. So, I could set the lazer at the other end and work the the other end / middle.

Amazon has them, £25 / 30. Anyone know anything, please?

Edited by Ken's Deputy
Fukked the title.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or worse still he’ll cut through the beam and it’ll be useless then

Laser levels  aren't great in daylight. 

All sorted, luckily I was in the area and was happy to help.

Posted Images

Get one off Amazon, missus bought one as NHS machine was missing one , can't.make this shit up , only controlled cerebral fluid levels, anyways £7 off Amazon , be alright for ya hedge if you cut it at night...?

• Like 1

Being slightly old school I can only comment as follows. When my brother and I were doing, kitchens, bedrooms, patios etc., we used laser a lot but relied on the fact that we either had a solid background or similar where there were points of reference. Not sure how laser can pick up midair as it’s an indefinite beam. I can only assume that you plan to drop the overall height by a margin to enable the beam to function. Even then, as soon as you cut the first section along the beam, then the beam will disappear into the ether. Only my opinion. Jok.

• Like 1

Sorry my friend I wasn’t trying to be clever. Think of it as a torch beam. If it hasn’t got a focal point then it will just break up as the beam gets wider and wider. A laser does not do that. It will look for a target for as long as the beam has no solid stop. In other words it can go on, with the same diameter for ever. Jok.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, jok said:

Being slightly old school I can only comment as follows. When my brother and I were doing, kitchens, bedrooms, patios etc., we used laser a lot but relied on the fact that we either had a solid background or similar where there were points of reference. Not sure how laser can pick up midair as it’s an indefinite beam. I can only assume that you plan to drop the overall height by a margin to enable the beam to function. Even then, as soon as you cut the first section along the beam, then the beam will disappear into the ether. Only my opinion. Jok.

Or worse still he’ll cut through the beam and it’ll be useless then

• Haha 5