Crazy what proper diet and exercise does for a dog..

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Little update on the big lad;  

Completely forgot to update on the big lad.. Managed to get his weight up proper and have had him on this dr john feed for the past week or two.  The nu-stock worked well on the patch on his

Posted Images

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

I recon good grub warm kennel and plenty of rubbing down stroking brushing mate

Won't get em shining like that without a bit of effort ?

You been brylcreaming your akita you nut case ? ? ?

I'm not going to giving away my secrets. 

Little tip for you, vaseline, makes them slide through the air quicker.... 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I recon good grub warm kennel and plenty of rubbing down stroking brushing mate

Won't get em shining like that without a bit of effort ?

You been brylcreaming your akita you nut case ? ? ?

Hit the nail on the head mate..

On 06/09/2021 at 15:49, runem said:

mmm well the lower pic , dog has poor coat , full of scabs bald patches and a bald tail , and is lightly muscled , but maybe thats an improvement over two months.

We need to see pics when he was aquired.

If you can’t tell the condition of top dog and bottom dog your blind he’s done a good job I’d say looks ready to run to me 

7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv found any black dogs I’ve ever had gleaned like fcuk if given some cos liver oil or oily fish or anything like that, even when unfit or recovering from injury, always nice to see shiny dog, but like muscles it don’t necessarily mean it’s fit, but nice to see ?

shiny and  coat condition is more about  health than fitness ?

23 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv found any black dogs I’ve ever had gleaned like fcuk if given some cos liver oil or oily fish or anything like that, even when unfit or recovering from injury, always nice to see shiny dog, but like muscles it don’t necessarily mean it’s fit, but nice to see ?

This bitch won't eat fish for me..the other dogs do though..

Mrs forgot to get meat out the shed freezer so mine each have had a tin of mackerel in tomato sauce plus local feed merchants own brand 18% protein kibble tonight. Splash of organic cider apple vinegar, sprinkle of garlic, tumeric and a cod liver oil capsule. Shining, except the white one ?

I had a Goodfellows pizza ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I feed mine 75/25% raw an biscuits or 25% table scraps it works well for me I always have my dogs in good nick I’ve only a couple of dogs these days so feeding cost ain’t that bad for me one that I’m on top of what her intake is as she’s my only worker the other is a retired bitch she can eat what she likes an surf what sofa she likes. I think raw feed prices are going through the roof it’s a bit of a joke tbh . I personally don’t think raw feeding is that cost effective as it once was. I think I’m pretty lucky I get a couple of fallen mutton and about 200 lambs worth of lungs,liver,kidneys,hearts a year an a few live cockerels gifted to keep my feed cost to a minimum. 

• Like 2