Crazy what proper diet and exercise does for a dog..

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Little update on the big lad;  

Completely forgot to update on the big lad.. Managed to get his weight up proper and have had him on this dr john feed for the past week or two.  The nu-stock worked well on the patch on his

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Looks like dermodectic mange mate ? some dogs are prone to it immune system struggles with it 

Advocate or stronghold nexgard etc all have its coat back good in no time mate 

Plus it flea and wormed aswell for most things 

If not even kids head lice shampoo might be sound or benzyl benzoate on effected area ?

Hope you get it sorted mate ? 

Jesus, I got me a real case study of a dog in bad nik here haven't I? I've got a load of nexguard spectra so I'll try it again. I use that monthly on my bitch and just done the same for him straight away. 

Seems to be a couple +1's for the benzyl benzoate as well so I'll grab some and keep it handy. 

Thanks bud, apprecaite ya.

18 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Nu stock for the hair loss?

Ill do a Google and grab some. Tbh, im about at me wits end so if you've had experience of it working, Id happily try it. 

16 minutes ago, shaaark said:

How many times a day are you feeding him, mate?

Twice bud, morning and night feed. Foods weighed and everything lol. Im anal as feck with their food. Mind me asking as to why?

Appreciate y'all. 

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, 3dumb said:

Jesus, I got me a real case study of a dog in bad nik here haven't I? I've got a load of nexguard spectra so I'll try it again. I use that monthly on my bitch and just done the same for him straight away. 

Seems to be a couple +1's for the benzyl benzoate as well so I'll grab some and keep it handy. 

Thanks bud, apprecaite ya.

Ill do a Google and grab some. Tbh, im about at me wits end so if you've had experience of it working, Id happily try it. 

Twice bud, morning and night feed. Foods weighed and everything lol. Im anal as feck with their food. Mind me asking as to why?

Appreciate y'all. 

In my experience, and you'll get loads of differing advice, ideas etc, but twice daily feeds is better for sighthounds.  ?

• Like 2

In my opinion  kaychum is right.

Nustock is made in my local area from an old redneck recipe skin cure all.My granny would mix Sulphur and Vaseline to cure the local strays.Most old hound men here keep a 50 gallon barrel full of burnt motor oil and Sulphur. They baptize the hounds  once a month .It will cure what ailes you lol.

I would recommend  the nustock as it also has pine oil and is mixed perfectly.But if you find yourself short handed mix a bonding agent like petroleum  jelly with sulfur will still work better than most things for skin care.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, 3dumb said:

That girl.. she? Wats this?.. Feck off, thats me missus ya arse, haha. 

Time to pull that Liberal card " dID yOu JUst AssUMe mY GenDeR?" ?

Appreciate all the advice on helping get the lad in a better condition folk. I'll try find some green tripe and throw a bit of brown bread in. Find grains generally go right through both of mine, but I'm open minded. 

Ignoring muscle size and condition, has anyone got any tips for helping the BTS and hair loss on the tail? 

Tia

Don't get the brown Bread with grains in it just brown bread mate all the best.with him 

2 hours ago, 3dumb said:

That girl.. she? Wats this?.. Feck off, thats me missus ya arse, haha. 

Time to pull that Liberal card " dID yOu JUst AssUMe mY GenDeR?" ?

Appreciate all the advice on helping get the lad in a better condition folk. I'll try find some green tripe and throw a bit of brown bread in. Find grains generally go right through both of mine, but I'm open minded. 

Ignoring muscle size and condition, has anyone got any tips for helping the BTS and hair loss on the tail? 

Tia

Mate Benzyl benzoate is Brilliant for that I swear by it .it's for scabies mite find it hard to get try the brown bread without the whole grains init keep us up to date sorry about the gender thing lol

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

It not cheap but well worth it pal, do t use loads but give it a try?

WWW.GOOGLE.CO.UK

09DC4D1D-7636-4923-AE0C-4B6D6AF430B7.png.e6b301f921dadae805ec83338f0549dd.png

Did a Google, had a read and have a tube on order. Spot on, thank you bud!

11 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

Mate Benzyl benzoate is Brilliant for that I swear by it .it's for scabies mite find it hard to get try the brown bread without the whole grains init keep us  up to date sorry about the gender thing lol

Was only having ya on marra, aint a bother :)

gonna give the stuff katchum has suggested a go then try the benzyl if dont get anywhere.

Id be lost without this forum at times. Much appreciated fellas 

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, dodger said:

Has anyone tried the new Dr John's activ 30-20 I know Dr John's doesn't have a good rep with lurcher lads but this new active supposed to decent for dogs that are doing abit n keeping a back on em.. 

that dr johns titanium i reckon is alright tbh. Whos had bad does with it ?

1 minute ago, C.green said:

that dr johns titanium i reckon is alright tbh. Whos had bad does with it ?

This 30 20 is supposed to be even better mate I'll get me mate to send me the ingredients as he's been using it since it came out. 

How's it Goin Charlie you still keen how's the old boy doin

Just now, dodger said:

This 30 20 is supposed to be even better mate I'll get me mate to send me the ingredients as he's been using it since it came out. 

How's it Goin Charlie you still keen how's the old boy doin

Where can ya buy it ? I feed that titanium abit as they sell it local hear for the money i reckon tops alot of food. Nit big into the racing formulas but that gain puppy and sapling takes some whacking. 

still doing abit dodge yeah mate old dog dead mate been gone for a little while now. Hope ur well

• Like 1