Crazy what proper diet and exercise does for a dog..

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Little update on the big lad;  

Completely forgot to update on the big lad.. Managed to get his weight up proper and have had him on this dr john feed for the past week or two.  The nu-stock worked well on the patch on his

Posted Images

1 minute ago, socks said:

It’s between 12 and 15 % mate which is low compared to easily available other meats. 

That girl.has try Beef chicken that's good nothing wrong with it but it doesn't seem too be working well two weeks on a tripe diet with brown bread and some meal and she will see a different dog not in less there's something else wrong with the dog that's all iam saying 

8 minutes ago, socks said:

It’s between 12 and 15 % mate which is low compared to easily available other meats. 

tripe is a part of a mix varied diet ain’t it you wouldn’t be feeding just tripe an expecting good results like a dog to be in fine fettle from one ingredient you know your self socks a dog needs to be built not just fed one thing an expecting in in condition some dogs as you know won’t muscle as well as others as genetics play there part 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, poxon said:

tripe is a part of a mix varied diet ain’t it you wouldn’t be feeding just tripe an expecting good results like a dog to be in fine fettle from one ingredient you know your self socks a dog needs to be built not just fed one thing an expecting in in condition some dogs as you know won’t muscle as well as others as genetics play there part 

I know which is why I questioned the trike and brown bread diet. 

• Like 2

Raw Green Tripe is a great additive to a working dogs diet,...I like to mix it with chicken and beef..?

Problem today, is finding a source for whole tripe's...

In my area, the Abattoir scene is firmly controlled by the Pet Food Mafia.

They get kinda bitchy if ya try to muscle in ..?

I suppose there is good money to be earnt in supplying Raw foods for dogs,..so the freebie days are now over..?

My jukes are just pets nowadays, so conditioning isn't quite so critical,..but they still deserve good scran..

Go careful now Brothers,...stay safe,..regards, OldPhil.?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, socks said:

Brown bread will help put weight on that dog along side the tripe and good meal when the dogs comes [BANNED TEXT] then she can start probably working with her dog we have always given our dogs a small amount of brown bread But as I have said each to there own 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, socks said:

Brown bread I’m guessing that’s for carbs like us humans to much carbs turns to fat fat is an can be turned to energy an can be burnt an turned to muscle the protein helps suspend an repair and build muscle sort of makes sense

i used to know a guy that used to feed pasta an tripe when trying to keep his bull xs in condition it was done as a extra meal to keep weight on them because he’d run the shit out of them so they started looking like a rspca case this type of meal makes sense as a bulker but not if your trying to cut a dog in shape that’s fat chicken as got to be the best or fish 

Green tripe, lamb breast, fat, meaty bones etc all contribute to a proper diet... I feed mine on chicken fillets from KFC ?

During summer here, I cut back on raw and give him biscuits. It's too hot to burn the energy off that he seems to get from raw. Every year he puts a couple of kilos on anyway but with raw he seems to add more weight and acts like a cnut. When the colder air hits and we get out in the mountains, it drops off him and those are the months when I give him more of a full barf diet.

Regardless, meaty bones, pig feet, fatty treats etc, I'll give him a couple times a week throughout the summer. Balanced diet is key imo.

18 minutes ago, poxon said:

Brown bread I’m guessing that’s for carbs like us humans to much carbs turns to fat fat is an can be turned to energy an can be burnt an turned to muscle the protein helps suspend an repair and build muscle sort of makes sense

i used to know a guy that used to feed pasta an tripe when trying to keep his bull xs in condition it was done as a extra meal to keep weight on them because he’d run the shit out of them so they started looking like a rspca case this type of meal makes sense as a bulker but not if your trying to cut a dog in shape that’s fat chicken as got to be the best or fish 

Except that dogs get their carbs from fats. 

• Like 5
17 minutes ago, socks said:

Except that dogs get their carbs from fats. 

White bread is very high in carbs this is why we use brown bread its lower In carbs and a bit more fiber in it to much bread and the dog will be size of a house u have to balance it all out it's not hard that dog in question i hope she is on here and gives it a go