Crazy what proper diet and exercise does for a dog..

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Little update on the big lad;  

Completely forgot to update on the big lad.. Managed to get his weight up proper and have had him on this dr john feed for the past week or two.  The nu-stock worked well on the patch on his

Posted Images

On 05/09/2021 at 12:20, 3dumb said:

Nearly 2 months of proper feeding and exercise and the big lad's finally looking like a proper dog... the poor feck was on the way to wasting away when I got him.

Keep at it mate and dont forget he'll need galloping to get him properly fit.

On 06/09/2021 at 15:49, runem said:

mmm well the lower pic , dog has poor coat , full of scabs bald patches and a bald tail , and is lightly muscled , but maybe thats an improvement over two months.

We need to see pics when he was aquired.

Top pic is when he first came home.

The bald patch on his tail has been there from the off, regardless of what I've tried it persists.

His bald arse is much better than it was, one thigh is almost grown back entirely and the other is getting there slowly. 

Not sure what scabs you see, but he's gone from blistered carpal pads and foot pads that were worn through 3 layers to healthy skin. Almost rid him of the dry skin as well. Kid just won't eat fish and cod liver oil goes right through him.

Its been a grind. Couple that with the lad having severe gastroenteritis when he came, its been a slow road for him.

On 06/09/2021 at 16:05, Ferretman65 said:

Watt u feeding him not knocking u probably needs another 4 weeks But ur doing well I want to see him like this the next time u post him up 

20210906_114512.jpg

Gets fed barf diet. Mix of chicken , beef, or anything we take home. Odd whole egg and shell every few days, berries, peas etc. I rate my dogs eat healthy tbf, but im no expert.

His shoulder muscles are still a little soft, but his thighs have exploded. Slowly building up on the bike atm as his stamina was terrible. He's not 100% the dog he can be, but im trying to put the work in. 

Breeding is grey, saluki, collie x beddy whippet, grey.  At least that's what the lad had bought. Could be anything, but he's definitely heavy on the grey.

34 minutes ago, 3dumb said:

The bald patch on his tail has been there from the off, regardless of what I've tried it persists.

His bald arse is much better than it was, one thigh is almost grown back entirely and the other is getting there slowly. 

Not sure what scabs you see, but he's gone from blistered carpal pads and foot pads that were worn through 3 layers to healthy skin. Almost rid him of the dry skin as well. Kid just won't eat fish and cod liver oil goes right through him.

Its been a grind. Couple that with the lad having severe gastroenteritis when he came, its been a slow road for him.

Gets fed barf diet. Mix of chicken , beef, or anything we take home. Odd whole egg and shell every few days, berries, peas etc. I rate my dogs eat healthy tbf, but im no expert.

His shoulder muscles are still a little soft, but his thighs have exploded. Slowly building up on the bike atm as his stamina was terrible. He's not 100% the dog he can be, but im trying to put the work in. 

Breeding is grey, saluki, collie x beddy whippet, grey.  At least that's what the lad had bought. Could be anything, but he's definitely heavy on the grey.

Your doing good ,dunt be put off be that scarecrows comments 

3 hours ago, 3dumb said:

Try giving him some Tripe and some brown bread mixed with it I bet that will help him it has.worked for me give it a go 

14 hours ago, Ferretman65 said:

Try giving him some Tripe and some brown bread mixed with it I bet that will help him it has.worked for me give it a go 

Tripe is shit for muscling up a dog as it’s very low in protein ……..

• Like 3