Guntrader hack

2 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

In all seriousness, you would have thought that would be the case , but apparently it’s not as easy as all that . We don’t have the power to make companies  in Iceland do anything. The police are making every effort , so they say . I’m sure it will be dealt with ….  eventually.

It's not the site in Iceland that has the file. They just had the link to it that they've taken down. The actual file is on Google drive. you'd think Google would take it down. 

Only trouble is the longer they take, the more people will have actually downloaded the file. 

21 minutes ago, walshie said:

It's not the site in Iceland that has the file. They just had the link to it that they've taken down. The actual file is on Google drive. you'd think Google would take it down. 

Only trouble is the longer they take, the more people will have actually downloaded the file. 

I don’t know anything about computers or the terminology. When I spoke to the police they said that the anti hunting site was hosted or was based in Iceland and they were working on getting it taken down . 
                I’d like to think that the people responsible for this will be punished in some way . But the reality is that nothing will happen to them . And they will be laughing into there “soy latte’s “.

4 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Download it to a virtual environment where it can't do any damage ;)

Oh mate , you are talking to someone who got all excited when he finally managed to send an email recently. Computers are not my thing . 
        I haven’t lost any sleep because my details are on there . If someone decides to break into my house to get my guns , they can have them . They are insured  . I’m no hero .

• Like 2
2 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Oh mate , you are talking to someone who got all excited when he finally managed to send an email recently. Computers are not my thing . 
        I haven’t lost any sleep because my details are on there . If someone decides to break into my house to get my guns , they can have them . They are insured  . I’m no hero .

I only went on there to sell a crosman air pistol after freeads stopped allowing it ,an it never sold either ?

• Like 1