Big thanks to sheepchaser & mchull.

16 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Always liked that dog Kev ?

But think I will be going with another hairy one similarly bred?

Mate of mine down here bred his dog, which was a very good working dog, to a deerhound x... he has a dog out of the breeding, would be around 3 now... gets a lot of work, would be bull/grey/deer... 

Could have a word when the time comes mate, can vouch for the bloke and the work his dogs get..

• Like 1

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been busy the last few months with work.but just before I started back in work SheepChaser travelled an 8hr journey to bring me a young bull x bitch for my lad.. And today I met up with Mc H

Here you go Ray.. Bitch is 2yr old and the pup 10 weeks..   

Posted Images

19 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

How old is the botch now dc? I didn’t think she was that old ?

She's Just gone 3 Don, wouldn't be for a couple more seasons if I did,she been knocking stuff over from 9/10 months old first time out on the lamp and caught a few bits daytime up the F.O..D and down Berkshire way..she's live to hand with the rabbits?

• Like 1

Me personally ive never seen a rough coat deerhound x be that bull deerhound or whatever be able to stick it and my pals went through a stage of getting them in here there everywhere. They spit one night then do ok another the worst sort of dogs. 

All folk that had em went back to straight bull greys ect

• Like 1
2 hours ago, C.green said:

Me personally ive never seen a rough coat deerhound x be that bull deerhound or whatever be able to stick it and my pals went through a stage of getting them in here there everywhere. They spit one night then do ok another the worst sort of dogs. 

All folk that had em went back to straight bull greys ect

Great dogs for edibles big strong no messing about anchored to the floor the deerhound brings the length good attitude to work when crossed great feet they overheat easily....right bit terrier blood or bull blood in there an they should do the lot reared right entered right.... 20’year ago we had a straight first x pit deerhound big hairy thing an if I could clone him I wouldve 

• Like 3
On 04/09/2021 at 21:37, king said:

I've been busy the last few months with work.but just before I started back in work SheepChaser travelled an 8hr journey to bring me a young bull x bitch for my lad..

And today I met up with Mc Hull who also travelled to meet me halfway to gift me a young bitch pup from a litter he bred..

Can't fault them both.and neither would accept a single £ from me and considering today's inflated price for dogs the pair of them are into working the dogs and not making money from them..

Thank you very much SheepChaser and Mchull I hope to repay the favour one day to both of you.. 

Cheer Dean....

Fair play lads …. Proper dog men ?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, C.green said:

Boys what is the fascination with that deerhound blood ? 

They have done everything and brought up right,not like the lads want them doing everything at 11-12mths old like a thick headed bullx hence why lads that have never had them listen to loons on here thinking they don’t work until they are 3.So buy the time they hit a year old they are up for sale saying they aren’t the dog for them that’s the difference mate,for people with experience with the breed and know how to enter them.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, C.green said:

If you seen some ya like then fair play to yas but the few i seen i could understand why they aint as common as they once was

Ive a good mate swears they’re gutless

no good for regular work….. then I’ve a mate 

down country that swears by them .

both men are Middle Aged lurcher men

and know the job 

dogs are all opinion ?

ATB .. T

• Like 1