Any recommendations for healing

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh right sorry..... im assuming the vet just said "f**k it kid leave it like that be rate"

I think I'd be changing my vet......... Cheers.

That can be easily stitched and if your vet can’t do it come to me I will have it done in two minuets …..  

Posted Images

If you are going heal it open, then use Epsom salts in warm water. It will heal twice as quick. Mix about 3 teaspoons in a pint and put in a sprayer if you like. Bathe at least 3 times a day. It draws the red corpuscles to the surface and heals quickly. Give it a good wetting to wash at same time.

The problem might be the dog licking that wound if he can reach it, so you might need a bucket.

On 04/09/2021 at 09:54, hewastheboy said:

If you do not know that it needs pulling together and closing then I have no hope for you healing this if you do close it rember to leave a drain hole AT THE BOTTOM.

If he don't see it needs sticking, they something wrong with his eyes ,

19 hours ago, whitefeet4190 said:

How much do u think of the poor dog ? If u can’t do it urself then pay the prices and get a decent vet to sort it out, all this messing about is just making the dog out of work for longer, the skin will need cutting back and it will be a bigger job than needs be if left ?‍♂️

Looks like it needs stiching,staples but apparently vet said it don't need it ? My opinion it needs pulling together and staples with ends open to drain but maybe it looks worse than it really is or he left it and now vet will not do it as I've known vets to refuse to stitch cuts that been left until next day .

If lad had took dog vets first of he wouldn't be asking on here how to heal it as vet would have advised him on honey ,salt washes etc .

• Like 1

Stitch, lead walk, lampshade and in a fortnight will be as good as new. If left open will take longer to heal, leave more scaring and risk of infection. plus leaves you open to the ARsPCA coming after you with a cruelty case unless you have written evidence of a vets opinion that it should be left open. An emergency vet might not stitch as it may need an anaesthetic so they pass back to your own vet, your own vet would need to actually see the wound to be able to offer an opinion.

one of mine a couple of weeks after similar.

IMG_20210420_093344_edit_129991526839017.jpg.467cd6fa00c216ea19a7459685352320.jpg

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Looks like it needs stiching,staples but apparently vet said it don't need it ? My opinion it needs pulling together and staples with ends open to drain but maybe it looks worse than it really is or he left it and now vet will not do it as I've known vets to refuse to stitch cuts that been left until next day .

If lad had took dog vets first of he wouldn't be asking on here how to heal it as vet would have advised him on honey ,salt washes etc .

He has already said he took the dog till out of hours vet when it happen I don't know if he did But why would he tell lies 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Stitch, lead walk, lampshade and in a fortnight will be as good as new. If left open will take longer to heal, leave more scaring and risk of infection. plus leaves you open to the ARsPCA coming after you with a cruelty case unless you have written evidence of a vets opinion that it should be left open. An emergency vet might not stitch as it may need an anaesthetic so they pass back to your own vet, your own vet would need to actually see the wound to be able to offer an opinion.

If he did take it to out of hours vet I think they would be more than able to stitch a dog I have been to them before But fuckers know how to get into ur wallet lol

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ferretman65 said:

He has already said he took the dog till out of hours vet when it happen I don't know if he did But why would he tell lies 

If you look closely at the picture of the wound on the dog, that isn't a wound caused by barbed wire or a similar cut mate. That's the result of an infection caused by a bite or scratch from something, likely a cat with Bartonella disease. The area is inflammed and the poison is coming to the surface and splitting the skin/fur apart.  He ain't saying much because someone's moggy is probably involved ? I've seen the exact same thing and wouldn't of believed it unless I'd seen it in real life.

1 hour ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

If you look closely at the picture of the wound on the dog, that isn't a wound caused by barbed wire or a similar cut mate. That's the result of an infection caused by a bite or scratch from something, likely a cat with Bartonella disease. The area is inflammed and the poison is coming to the surface and splitting the skin/fur apart.  He ain't saying much because someone's moggy is probably involved ? I've seen the exact same thing and wouldn't of believed it unless I'd seen it in real life.

Then this is the stuff for that it works Brilliant 

IMG-20210905-WA0000.jpg

One of mine had a similar injury, caught her chest on barbed wire. Against my better judgement, I let the vet stitch it up. He put loads of tension sutures in because it was such a tight pull. And as I suspected would happen, all the skin died and everything pulled apart, and she ended up with a wound twice as big. Took 6 months to heal, was the size of a bloody grapefruit. I used Manuka honey on mine but it was easier to dress than that is.

I'd be inclined to treat that as an open wound. Definitely wants antibiotics and probably pain meds if it just happened. Then keep clean and dry, good food, rest etc, and wait. When you see the edges start to granulate, be careful how you clean it so as not to disturb the new cell growth too much. Consult your vet if you're ever not 100% sure it's healing well and keep your records incase the aRSePCA come knocking. 

• Like 1