Any recommendations for healing

9 minutes ago, Jamie Bleu said:

No chance of pulling this together! There’s no tissue to stitch to 

That's a bite or scratch from a cat that's got Bartonella disease. 

It will take a few weeks to heal, will likely leave a scar. You want to keep the wound clean so the bacteria/puss comes out. Will probably get a bit worse but all you can do is keep it clean with a salt solution, keep dog well fed and plenty fluids and let him clean it if he wants too?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh right sorry..... im assuming the vet just said "f**k it kid leave it like that be rate"

I think I'd be changing my vet......... Cheers.

That can be easily stitched and if your vet can’t do it come to me I will have it done in two minuets …..  

Posted Images

My collie cross did the same once but got tangled in the barbed wire is it wrapped around the skin good and tight. 

It was in that deep it did a bit of muscle damage as well. 

So you been to the vet and I'm presuming you didn't like what he/she had to say, why didn't they close it up there and then? 

Just now, Ferretman65 said:

I don't think that could be stitched it's in a Bad place all Depends when It was done mate  it will heal in time I have had worse look try this it has worked well for me 

Say that again didn't quite get it mate. 

• Haha 3

Did the vet do anything? I’d have thought they would have at least flushed it and put some sort of anti bacterial product on there? Had similar on one of my dogs. Couldn’t be stitch had to let it heal up. Takes a long time and you got to be on top of the cleaning and reduce chance of infection. My vet recommended salt water at least 3 times a day. She also jabbed him with antibiotics. Took him back a week later for a check up. Clean bedding and living area, plenty good food as already been suggested. All the best with it. 

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Jamie Bleu said:

No chance of pulling this together! There’s no tissue to stitch to 

That can be easily stitched and if your vet can’t do it come to me I will have it done in two minuets …..

4CD45167-636E-4CD8-94CD-6CE50DC0C006.jpeg

605936FE-2ACA-4D39-A463-CA5CAC891041.jpeg

• Like 6
33 minutes ago, white van man said:

Did the vet do anything? I’d have thought they would have at least flushed it and put some sort of anti bacterial product on there? Had similar on one of my dogs. Couldn’t be stitch had to let it heal up. Takes a long time and you got to be on top of the cleaning and reduce chance of infection. My vet recommended salt water at least 3 times a day. She also jabbed him with antibiotics. Took him back a week later for a check up. Clean bedding and living area, plenty good food as already been suggested. All the best with it. 

Had to take him to out of hours vet, they flushed it out and cleaned through, also gave me antibiotics and painkiller, told me to contact my vet , so did that and was advised to check it and let air get too it, so just making sure it’s always clean, cheers bud.