Yes i would say so as it'd work with the other colours,but i'm sure it's the cock that throws the colours more so than the hens as that's why folks use split cocks or other wise they'd just be normals from a coloured mother as such.Feck i need to get back into this hobby as i'm forgetting all that stuff it took me years to learn :doh:..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, gnipper said:

I'm not completely sure but I think if you use a mutation cock you'll get mutation hens  and vice versa and the normal colour chicks will be splits.

You are right mate I just couldn’t be arsed to put all that in ?

1 hour ago, cantona said:

You an also get split but won’t Know until bred to another split the next season 

I think if you used for example a split cock on a normal hen you would get normal cocks normal hens and possibly split hens.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, fireman said:

Don't think you can get split hens,only cocks...

From that pairing or in general? Thinking about it yeah I don't think you get split hens?  I'm sure you see people selling mutation to split pied pairs though?

Edited by gnipper

I do think you can buy slip pairs but i am sure you can only get colours from  the split cock,all chicks from a split hen to a normal cock will be normals but not 100% if any cocks from such a pairing would be split. You will have more of a chance of full coloureds from a split pair but again i am sure it's cocks that forward the colours and that is in general..I'll have a ask of a old boy that will know and get back to you..:thumbs:

Edited by fireman
  • Like 1