Wasp Eating And Other Annoying Habits..!

And they wonder why the working dog world is f****d... Don't get me wrong I've one here who if he hasn't shit in his water dish it's a surprise.. but as for the rest... complete no no.. from day dot. And it sounds like a mental health issue thread..

I live in a built up area and even if I lived in the woods it would be the same...they should only sound if a stranger about... my dogs are happy..they get good food a good home plenty of exercise...and more importantly plenty of work... socializing with what I deem relevant.. also never a routine...

This thread tells a lot about kennel management.,.

• Haha 1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use concrete water bowls as my terriers love playing with bowls but they don't bother the concrete ones. I've had curdogs who would piss in their water bowls.Nasty b*****ds. I currently ha

That's a huge one there for me .I had gone out piggin and on the way back ,100 yards off  the truck ,ole Dennis the one eyed c**t sneaked off for a few minute's to then  arrive back after rolling in s

Dogs are funny old critters,..some of them are equally as mad as their owners? Personally,..I can handle most idiosyncrasies that an otherwise, genuine working dog, might have,.but over the years

Posted Images

This pup iv got at the mo is a pretty clean well behaved dog in general but does do a few things that do my tits clean in.  She is a path walking shitter , has a habit of pulling the heads off flowers in the garden . Also has this really annoying habit of incessantly grabbing  at the buckle on the side of me wellies while walking. But will only do it if we in a wide open space. 

If we’re in a wood or Bridle way  etc never does it at all, soon as we go through a gate into a field , she’s at it straight away for a good 40/50 yards till I loose me rag then stops? but only in a wide open space for some reason. 

Was once walking a Labrador pup I had years ago one morning after a massive skin full the night before.  She goes off an is in a hedge bottom propa keen on something. Comes trundling back to me with sumat in her mouth. In my still half pissed daze I reach down to take whatever it is out of her mouth. Only to realise it’s a  diarrhoea filled nappy, witch of course instantly burst all over my hands causing me to projectile vomit all over the parish. We then staggered back to the house with me sick splashed all up the front of me kegs an her with shit plastered all over her face.... not our finest hour. She turned into a cracking dog to be fair tho ??

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
11 minutes ago, stop.end said:

And they wonder why the working dog world is f****d... Don't get me wrong I've one here who if he hasn't shit in his water dish it's a surprise.. but as for the rest... complete no no.. from day dot. And it sounds like a mental health issue thread..

I live in a built up area and even if I lived in the woods it would be the same...they should only sound if a stranger about... my dogs are happy..they get good food a good home plenty of exercise...and more importantly plenty of work... socializing with what I deem relevant.. also never a routine...

You'v not lived 

On 02/09/2021 at 06:30, Wales1234 said:

It’s the rolling in shit for me drives me f***ing crazy , 

That's a huge one there for me .I had gone out piggin and on the way back ,100 yards off  the truck ,ole Dennis the one eyed c**t sneaked off for a few minute's to then  arrive back after rolling in some bell ends dump .All over his rip & tracking collar ,I swear he did it just to piss me off ,ground into the buckle's ,it had me gagging even with gloves on .I think I saw him smiling ........

Edited by toolebox
  • Haha 7
4 hours ago, AndyD89 said:

This pup iv got at the mo is a pretty clean well behaved dog in general but does do a few things that do my tits clean in.  She is a path walking shitter , has a habit of pulling the heads off flowers in the garden . Also has this really annoying habit of incessantly grabbing  at the buckle on the side of me wellies while walking. But will only do it if we in a wide open space. 

If we’re in a wood or Bridle way  etc never does it at all, soon as we go through a gate into a field , she’s at it straight away for a good 40/50 yards till I loose me rag then stops? but only in a wide open space for some reason. 

Was once walking a Labrador pup I had years ago one morning after a massive skin full the night before.  She goes off an is in a hedge bottom propa keen on something. Comes trundling back to me with sumat in her mouth. In my still half pissed daze I reach down to take whatever it is out of her mouth. Only to realise it’s a  diarrhoea filled nappy, witch of course instantly burst all over my hands causing me to projectile vomit all over the parish. We then staggered back to the house with me sick splashed all up the front of me kegs an her with shit plastered all over her face.... not our finest hour. She turned into a cracking dog to be fair tho ??

??? 

Cheers, D.

45 minutes ago, toolebox said:

That's a huge one there for me .I had gone out piggin and on the way back ,100 yards off  the truck ,ole Dennis the one eyed c**t sneaked off for a few minute's to then  arrive back after rolling in some bell ends dump .All over his rip & tracking collar ,I swear he did it just to piss me off ,ground into the buckle's ,it had me gagging even with gloves on .I think I saw him smiling ........

Fresh cat shit, embedded into a SS collar! That takes some cleaning I tell you ?

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, stop.end said:

No mate it just says a lot about your holier than thou attitude to life. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Dogs are funny old critters,..some of them are equally as mad as their owners?

Personally,..I can handle most idiosyncrasies that an otherwise, genuine working dog, might have,.but over the years..having had a preference for the Herding composites, I have encountered some strange behavioural traits..? It kinda goes with the territory....

The only thing that really messes life up for me in a jukel, is nervousness, and a spooky temperament...

Most 'problems' are surmountable,..but if a working dog is temperamentally unsound,...it does make schooling twice as difficult to achieve...I guess we all like to be around bold, brave animals, that take everything in their stride,..sadly this is not always the case.

In fact,.whenever I decide to move on an unsuitable cur to a pet home or to (somewhere else),..., I am always reminded of the fact, that as sane and sensible, temperamentally  sound humans go,...I'm actually none too fecking steady myself...?

Stay safe now Brothers,...Winter is coming....?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 7
2 hours ago, C.green said:

Thats the trouble with they strong stuff collars they f***ing stink after a little while even jet washing em dont move that smell

The one I've got him wearing is about 14 year old and is as good as the day I bought it. Cleaning it can be a cnut sometimes though. I soak it in hot water get most of the muck off then use a nail brush with just washing up liquid, scrub like fook, then soak it in hot soapy water for an hour again, scrub again, rinse as best, then bang it in the washing machine in a pillow case, with the dog towels. Bit of a process granted but it's still going strong and has at least another 3 dogs in it ?

43 minutes ago, mushroom said:

The one I've got him wearing is about 14 year old and is as good as the day I bought it. Cleaning it can be a cnut sometimes though. I soak it in hot water get most of the muck off then use a nail brush with just washing up liquid, scrub like fook, then soak it in hot soapy water for an hour again, scrub again, rinse as best, then bang it in the washing machine in a pillow case, with the dog towels. Bit of a process granted but it's still going strong and has at least another 3 dogs in it ?

This one is 16 years old and on it's third dog and as good as new.

IMG_1611.JPG.45398c7024be62b20a57ddf6209f1063.JPG

Just scrub it in hot soapy water now and again.

Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, OldPhil said:

Dogs are funny old critters,..some of them are equally as mad as their owners?

Personally,..I can handle most idiosyncrasies that an otherwise, genuine working dog, might have,.but over the years..having had a preference for the Herding composites, I have encountered some strange behavioural traits..? It kinda goes with the territory....

The only thing that really messes life up for me in a jukel, is nervousness, and a spooky temperament...

Most 'problems' are surmountable,..but if a working dog is temperamentally unsound,...it does make schooling twice as difficult to achieve...I guess we all like to be around bold, brave animals, that take everything in their stride,..sadly this is not always the case.

In fact,.whenever I decide to move on an unsuitable cur to a pet home or to (somewhere else),..., I am always reminded of the fact, that as sane and sensible, temperamentally  sound humans go,...I'm actually none to fecking steady myself...?

Stay safe now Brothers,...Winter is coming....?

File0186.jpg

haha , like it phil  , i think we all bit unstable at times , life gets you down at times, i try to chill if i can now i am older , but nothing worse than a dog winding you up , hope ive learned from my mistakes , and next lurcher i get ( hope) ive picked the right pup ,  and we both can get on and gel .  but knowing me i pick the wrong fecker   lol  

• Haha 1

I was heavier handed when I was younger and would stress out if the dogs weren’t doing what I wanted day time , but Iv chilled out a lot and realised they know better than me , also they live with me now instead of my uncles yard so have a much better working bond and I can keep a close eye on any knocks , they spend a lot of time knocking around the house aswell 

E0127F00-5EB6-475C-9E7C-F83285619970.jpeg

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Wales1234 said:

I was heavier handed when I was younger and would stress out if the dogs weren’t doing what I wanted day time , but Iv chilled out a lot and realised they know better than me , also they live with me now instead of my uncles yard so have a much better working bond and I can keep a close eye on any knocks , they spend a lot of time knocking around the house aswell 

E0127F00-5EB6-475C-9E7C-F83285619970.jpeg

Tbf I tried heavy handed with this nob (never have with any other dog I've had), it didn't work! Stressed me out, him out and anyone within 300yards. I then went the other way and fried the twat ? That made him listen. Now we've got to a point where he knows not to fuuck about but he'll push his point every now and then, which I can take.

I see it as my failure but in saying that, I reckon even if I was giving him work every day, 6 months a year.... he'd still be a cnut ?

All i can say is youse must be noseblind ? talking of dogs and mistakes i see alot of folk knocking young dogs try to steady them up get them sensible ect i think that can be a big drive killer myself. The young bitch ive got here would be abit much for most folk but people i know that have good animals all like what they see in her. If i can ill do all my pups like this no point falling out with em ect let em be i think. 

and talking of nerve theres alot of it about about can see it plain as day its one thing that puts me right iff an animal.

Edited by C.green
  • Like 4