• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had to look it up mate was out with the metal detector one is hardly a feed lol. Scarlet Elfcup WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM Easy to identify and spot, this tasty

Here are some Chanterelles I find they vary in colour the one we find in hedges and on banks covered in bushes by the river are a buff yellow like the ones you see on sale. Then a brighter one up in t

I already seen some nice dark grass rings while out with the detector. St. George's Mushroom WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM A great Spring mushroom that can usually b

Posted Images

14 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

My moneys on this one @kanny nice to see 

WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

This popular mushroom is a choice edible but must be well cooked before consumption. The Black Morel is now very common in man-made habitats. The scientific...

Never found one myself. Would dearly love to reckon your on the money Flattop but I would be checking every thing ID wise.

That wildwood.com is a brilliant site for ID with their videos etc.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, kanny said:

Just had these come up in the garden,  never seen em before i can only guess they came in the bark chippings i put down last year ...Any ideas what they are @Arry ? ...they look pretty narly.

20230324_165948.jpg

20230324_170000.jpg

Nice find Kanny would love to find some of them, never found one myself. Think Flattop is on the money mate. But check every thing about ID supposed to be good.

Cheers Arry

22 minutes ago, Arry said:

Nice find Kanny would love to find some of them, never found one myself. Think Flattop is on the money mate. But check every thing about ID supposed to be good.

Cheers Arry

Cheers Arry..ive done a bit of research and they are turning up in strange urban places...the key is the wood chips as they are imported,  so go check out any places that have been recently wood chipped,around new supermarkets ect, Identification is pretty easy  as long as they are completely hollow and the cap and stem are one they are good to go. Good luck ? 

Edit to add they do need cooking well , raw can cause  stomach upset  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Arry said:

Never found one myself. Would dearly love to reckon your on the money Flattop but I would be checking every thing ID wise.

That wildwood.com is a brilliant site for ID with their videos etc.

Cheers Arry

Your right Arry the wildwood site is my go to site every time and it seldom lets me down, I remember you putting it up years ago.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Your right Arry the wildwood site is my go to site every time and it seldom lets me down, I remember you putting it up years ago.

I see I spelt it wrong Wildfood.com. 

Yea my first port of call.

I anybody is interested I will be keeping an eye out for the St Georges mushroom thats suppose to come out close to the Saints day. Should be in dark lush grass rings in pasture type fields.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ZacB said:

Cheers for that prompt reply, will have a better look tomorrow when out & about as there were a few plus hopefully a little more time for a bit of book reading regarding identity

I'm not sure Zac as I have never found a Morel of any kind so not really looked them up. The site link that Flattop put up is an excellent site with video ID's as well as pictures.

Good find mate I will be keeping an eye out myself.

Cheers Arry

Having had a bit more time today am in agreement with Semifree Morel. Splitting open very obvious to see the cap as described. Only the one to be found and it had gone over already, one reference stated edible however could cause stomach upset………so unsure if I’d have a go had there been a few more.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...