East Yorkshire

good bag that, do you prefer  hobs , to jills ?  my mate used keep both , the jills moved them about deff, but the hobs would kill below ground, if the rabbits didn't bolt , this was to nets, but our dogs got any we missed from any holes , old bryn was brill at marking and catching any bolters, how your dogs bred, they look fare size, less its just the pics, bryn was 25 in 60lb , they similar  or bigger ?

• Like 1
16 hours ago, bird said:

good bag that, do you prefer  hobs , to jills ?  my mate used keep both , the jills moved them about deff, but the hobs would kill below ground, if the rabbits didn't bolt , this was to nets, but our dogs got any we missed from any holes , old bryn was brill at marking and catching any bolters, how your dogs bred, they look fare size, less its just the pics, bryn was 25 in 60lb , they similar  or bigger ?

I keep both mate , jills for little warrens and when I'm just having a little mooch and hobs when I'm out with mates working large warrens and warrens that you know will have wide tunnels like yesterday on sandy land. The fawn pup as just turned 6 month and only 19'' tts she's ACD x whippet greyhound collie whippet greyhound, the rough bitch is 21'' collie x whippet cross beddy whippet greyhound , the brindle bitch is about 23'' saluki x whippet greyhound put back to a greyhound.

• Like 1

good haul there Trev...as has been said them sand warrens can be a pain....deep...cover lots of area....and wide tunnels..

was out myself yesterday afternoon ...had me kids with me and one of the pups ....had a nice few hours and left with 18 rabbits...and a pup thats learned a little more 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, neil b said:

Good going there trev, those big sandy warrens can be hard work at times with the big tubes, it gives the rabbits plenty of room, hobs are ideal for the job 

Cheers niel , yes they had to work hard to shift them, we had a few digs too and when I broke through on one I could of fit in the tube, I think it would of been a waste of time with jills.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, TOMO said:

good haul there Trev...as has been said them sand warrens can be a pain....deep...cover lots of area....and wide tunnels..

was out myself yesterday afternoon ...had me kids with me and one of the pups ....had a nice few hours and left with 18 rabbits...and a pup thats learned a little more 

Their not the kind of warrens you work on your own are they mate, thank feck most bolted ?. Sounds a good afternoon ? It can be fun getting the pups going but they can be a pain too, this little fecker is off it's head ?