Veiw from your office

11 hours ago, fireman said:

Felts to tight,..it should have a little sag so if any water gets in it runs down the felt rather than run along the batton and in through the nail holes..Not picking fault just saying mate ...:victory:

I was on my own,and it was blowing a gale....??

• Like 1

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leaving home for the office View from the office. Closer view from the office.....they are farmed deer.... The office. Planting new trees and re-establishing old lines

Beautiful day this morning. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

9 hours ago, mC HULL said:

i am your not wrong lol new kid should a told him run it past me first lol 

some eave trays with comb filler if pan tiles going on  wouldnt a gone a miss aswell ? lol

and we’re the f**k are the rafter ties and collar ties dc lol 

only craic mate i ain’t a joiner lol

I promise I will ring the 'Alll Knowing '  next time I'm stuck??

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I was on my own,and it was blowing a gale....??

The felt is gran,iv done over hundred new roofs on my time an fixed many a leaky one,an never have any bother with water penetrating through pasilode nails,an im am asumming your putting the rest of the fixing in the rafters today?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Francie, said:

The felt is gran,iv done over hundred new roofs on my time an fixed many a leaky one,an never have any bother with water penetrating through pasilode nails,an im am asumming your putting the rest of the fixing in the rafters today?

Felt is meant to have a little sag in it,so any water that maybe gets in runs away,with tight felt it sits on the rafters and over time will penetrate the nail holes as it can't go any where else unless it gets soaked up in the batton resulting in rotten battons. That's the correct way to lay on felt francie and that like someone used to say is a FACT mate...:victory:

8 minutes ago, fireman said:

Felt is meant to have a little sag in it,so any water that maybe gets in runs away,with tight felt it sits on the rafters and over time will penetrate the nail holes as it can't go any where else unless it gets soaked up in the batton resulting in rotten battons. That's the correct way to lay on felt francie and that like someone used to say is a FACT mate...:victory:

Theres always two ways to skin a cat fireman,if thats the way you were taught happydays,tho i was taught to keep her tight,naturally in the middle of the rafters if water gathers it will runn under the baton an down an away?

• Like 1

Pissing down, blowing a gale.... what a day to get back on the tools... the boys were happy to stay out in it all day, I convinced them it would be a laugh...?.. you don't earn your money sat in the van! Lol

20230323_171136.jpg.cde9215ee63d3a754a2f1559da2c84e1.jpg

20230323_171158.jpg.72fdab7be29a6669d9f68e09945243c2.jpg

Screenshot_20230323-171039_Gallery.jpg.a7ac8f3ca6733f54f8428c2a521a9af7.jpg

20230323_171232.jpg.0c5a1acb277212db6b45fd359e9ca9a7.jpg

• Like 8