Veiw from your office

4 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Day off today for daughters second birthday. Went watermouth castle few bits some people might find of interest. 

20762C85-5010-4A24-B62A-97D68462F0CA.jpeg

91B75D0A-E5AE-42EC-86EC-C0A5CB8A9F21.jpeg

B5441283-7D6A-4FF5-8E94-D14B057AFDB1.jpeg

82DB58B3-CAC1-43EC-9061-14322F333649.jpeg

066C34D5-814B-4564-A9BA-2388E4C72F24.jpeg

33FB7CD9-C672-4BD8-9AD6-9F21AFB35C0E.jpeg

F39D7A35-C0B2-4C58-9105-6912B569AFC9.jpeg

Quick google on the history of watermouth castle. I assume that the stags heads were the property of Charles Henry Basset who was master of the Devon and Somerset staghounds between 1887-1893 

0860D5A5-C7D5-4635-83FC-196A15EA3357.jpeg

• Like 4

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leaving home for the office View from the office. Closer view from the office.....they are farmed deer.... The office. Planting new trees and re-establishing old lines

Beautiful day this morning. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Put a concrete path in this afternoon, looked at the sky and thought ? I can beat that rain, turns out I couldn’t, what a fu*king mess ? just as well there’s resin going over it

BDE4B32A-30D3-40CB-98A9-AE150A85F625.jpeg

Will you be putting the resin down Stav??

I'm looking to get a patio done.. only 15 sq mtrs. Gave the job to fella back end of last summer but he never turned up. Chased him after winter had passed and he's ignoring my txts and calls.. so obviously he doesn't want to do it.

Just talking to a few different folk now and getting prices. Concrete base is already down and that's surrounded by paving bricks set about 18/ 20 higher.

Any tips on what to look out for please mate? Things to do or not to do. I don't want bodgeit and scarper making a pigs ear of it!! 

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

Put a concrete path in this afternoon, looked at the sky and thought ? I can beat that rain, turns out I couldn’t, what a fu*king mess ? just as well there’s resin going over it

BDE4B32A-30D3-40CB-98A9-AE150A85F625.jpeg

Sod’s law :( Get it jet blasted in morning stav or it’ll need a right wire brushin to take. 
Dread to think what todays blockworks gonna look like.. it w@nked it down when I left :( 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Quick google on the history of watermouth castle. I assume that the stags heads were the property of Charles Henry Basset who was master of the Devon and Somerset staghounds between 1887-1893 

0860D5A5-C7D5-4635-83FC-196A15EA3357.jpeg

Love stuff like that?
stopped in a fancy hall/ hotel couple o years back… was something else, there were lions and all sorts in big cases that whoever owned it at time must of shot in Africa!

dint know what happened to the photos but the game books pretty impressive.. this was on a fancy righting table in me room?

0245B4F0-0EBE-4A36-A9E2-FCC0FBA621B2.jpeg.4e5bc40c733c7c6bbe94fbd2bc0d5ef7.jpeg5843CACE-AECA-4FC7-87B1-779E17259218.jpeg.cab422a089ae26e557afda318bf595bd.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bush Rummager said:

Will you be putting the resin down Stav??

I'm looking to get a patio done.. only 15 sq mtrs. Gave the job to fella back end of last summer but he never turned up. Chased him after winter had passed and he's ignoring my txts and calls.. so obviously he doesn't want to do it.

Just talking to a few different folk now and getting prices. Concrete base is already down and that's surrounded by paving bricks set about 18/ 20 higher.

Any tips on what to look out for please mate? Things to do or not to do. I don't want bodgeit and scarper making a pigs ear of it!! 

The best stuff I’ve found is from a company caller “ The Resin Mill” it used to come in 4 bags per mix, 3 of one size and 1 of a smaller size, but now they do 4 bags per mix but it’s already pre mixed with the different sizes, the one thing you have to do is time the mixes, I put all 4 bags in and start the timer as I add the resin,  for 4 minutes, if you don’t do each mix the same time the colour changes a little and it looks patchy, the concrete has to be clean, free of dust and you have to use the primer, it goes on between 15mm and 20mm, if they turn up with a cement mixer send them on their way, it needs to be mixed in a forced action mixer, if you want to know anything else just give me a shout ?

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, si brown said:

Sod’s law :( Get it jet blasted in morning stav or it’ll need a right wire brushin to take. 
Dread to think what todays blockworks gonna look like.. it w@nked it down when I left :( 

I gave it a light tamp before I left but I’ll see what it’s like in the morning, I put it in sploshy wet so it will definitely be green enough for a good wire brushing ?

19 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I gave it a light tamp before I left but I’ll see what it’s like in the morning, I put it in sploshy wet so it will definitely be green enough for a good wire brushing ?

Why would the finish matter if it's getting covered in resin? 

20 hours ago, Stavross said:

The best stuff I’ve found is from a company caller “ The Resin Mill” it used to come in 4 bags per mix, 3 of one size and 1 of a smaller size, but now they do 4 bags per mix but it’s already pre mixed with the different sizes, the one thing you have to do is time the mixes, I put all 4 bags in and start the timer as I add the resin,  for 4 minutes, if you don’t do each mix the same time the colour changes a little and it looks patchy, the concrete has to be clean, free of dust and you have to use the primer, it goes on between 15mm and 20mm, if they turn up with a cement mixer send them on their way, it needs to be mixed in a forced action mixer, if you want to know anything else just give me a shout ?

Ahh that's spot on mate thanks... really appreciated.?

Supposedly got someone calling in tomorrow for a look..  I'll be prepared with notes at the ready!! lol...

• Like 1

Concrete path good enough for the resin ? spent today mainly with my head in a sh*t pipe trying to think of a way I could move it without digging the whole floor up ? I probably could of had the thing dug out and new pipe in if I didn’t try and think of a way to save me work ?

5884E49A-31AA-4376-9A32-6532EAC75917.jpeg

5907B828-AE0E-43E7-9CA7-673B7455F3A5.jpeg