Veiw from your office

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leaving home for the office View from the office. Closer view from the office.....they are farmed deer.... The office. Planting new trees and re-establishing old lines

Beautiful day this morning. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Chid said:

Some of you get some nice views where as I get to look at s**t like this most days 

IMG_20221027_122024.jpg.9d98cbfbfb3ed7a668263740710941ba.jpgIMG_20210922_091146.jpg.b65087bb521d803522339f0be8de2160.jpg

My view was very similar to that for 25 years, until one day I thought I’m sick of engine’s, gearboxes and always been covered in oil and diesel, so sacked it off ( I was originally an auto elec, then started doing more chemical tanker work and hgv work ) I prefer been outside now, even if the weathers a bit sh*t ?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Stavross said:

My view was very similar to that for 25 years, until one day I thought I’m sick of engine’s, gearboxes and always been covered in oil and diesel, so sacked it off ( I was originally an auto elec, then started doing more chemical tanker work and hgv work ) I prefer been outside now, even if the weathers a bit sh*t ?

I started off on the hgvs , then done outside work and now I'm back inside , main work is fitting towbars but also do fabrication and welding when needed ..

Don't like shit weather after working at a garden centre that was like a wind tunnel and being in Northern Ireland I was constantly wet ?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Griswald said:

What are you like on the levers?

We had a CAT machine this week and a lot of people swear by them but it was dogshit, no power at all, the ram started pissing out oil and had to be swapped, the fitter doesn't think much to them.

Only a little 5 ton doosan on the farm. Been a good little machine but pins and bushes started to show there age now. But I ain’t to bad with it but far from professional. 

4 minutes ago, Griswald said:

I don't get in them that often but it's finally starting to click. Only problem with me is the pedals, I'm a size 12 and got a touch like a babi elephant, even worse when I've got boots or wellies on, just trying to be nice and steady with the inputs.

I lucky not much of my work is precision ?would allot of your new machine have gps on them?

Arena is coming along, all drainage in, chamber rebuilt ( ruff as fook ?) gravelled up and a bit of farm yard concrete, all strings up ready for retaining wall and fencing middle of next week ?

AB205763-33E1-4AD4-BEF5-F117ADACF00E.jpeg

D20AA675-5338-4112-BB61-B7C2C31598FD.jpeg

A6C83C5A-58B4-478C-8C01-C84525CB210C.jpeg

09647A42-BFB6-4A86-BF31-25BE244EE377.jpeg

80579464-03C4-4739-B29F-25A51CC1BABA.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

piece of piss..can't over dig anything,normally fitted to 20 t and above ?

Only gps I have used is on tractors and that can be mind numbing. Sure a digger can’t be much different. Workman are Slowly but surely being replaced by machines ?

30 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Arena is coming along, all drainage in, chamber rebuilt ( ruff as fook ?) gravelled up and a bit of farm yard concrete, all strings up ready for retaining wall and fencing middle of next week ?

09647A42-BFB6-4A86-BF31-25BE244EE377.jpeg

Front hay bail spike?, iv'e had one the same for years and it comes in well handy for shit like that and found 2 half size ones on a scrap pile just yesterday..

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, fireman said:

Front hay bail spike?, iv'e had one the same for years and it comes in well handy for shit like that and found 2 half size ones on a scrap pile just yesterday..

Every time I’m at my mates farm the first place I head is the farm scrap pile, old gate tubes, rusty hinges I’ll have the lot, you never know when they come in handy or save me a few quid ?

• Like 2