Veiw from your office

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leaving home for the office View from the office. Closer view from the office.....they are farmed deer.... The office. Planting new trees and re-establishing old lines

Beautiful day this morning. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

This has been my office for the last three days. The wife's sisters are coming over for the first time in three years  so everything has to be just right so that I can bugger off for a few days on my own fishing 

20220514_162828_resize_67.jpg.d56fcdd6108107b81414eaf755c4ff05.jpg

20220514_162643_resize_82.jpg.ba6af0fe7e1a9d4ea332fc21e547fa65.jpg

20220514_162729_resize_83.jpg.c50fcf2d168f9f87c4775f62cb8f0373.jpg

20220514_162706_resize_91.jpg

Just got to pick them up from the airport, feed them and then I'm a free man for four days.

Edited by Nicepix
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
2 hours ago, Nicepix said:

This has been my office for the last three days. The wife's sisters are coming over for the first time in three years  so everything has to be just right so that I can bugger off for a few days on my own fishing 

20220514_162828_resize_67.jpg.d56fcdd6108107b81414eaf755c4ff05.jpg

20220514_162643_resize_82.jpg.ba6af0fe7e1a9d4ea332fc21e547fa65.jpg

20220514_162729_resize_83.jpg.c50fcf2d168f9f87c4775f62cb8f0373.jpg

20220514_162706_resize_91.jpg

Just got to pick them up from the airport, feed them and then I'm a free man for four days.

That’s beautiful old chap, you can’t leave that ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, WILF said:

That’s beautiful old chap, you can’t leave that ?

Thanks, but you have to give up at some point and the plan was to live here for 12 years which would take us to 2025, and then look for something more easily manageable. Hopefully we should get enough for it to buy an end terrace house in Barnsley. And I'm not joking. 

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, Nicepix said:

Thanks, but you have to give up at some point and the plan was to live here for 12 years which would take us to 2025, and then look for something more easily manageable. Hopefully we should get enough for it to buy an end terrace house in Barnsley. And I'm not joking. 

I know you’re not mate, each to their own like and I get it about getting on in years and all that but personally that would break my heart leaving something like that and moving back to this f***ing dive (I’m in the U.K. visiting the last couple of days) 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, WILF said:

I know you’re not mate, each to their own like and I get it about getting on in years and all that but personally that would break my heart leaving something like that and moving back to this f***ing dive (I’m in the U.K. visiting the last couple of days) 

It has to be done. The house and garden take a lot of looking after so we will need to downsize in a few years. It would break my heart to see it deteriorate like so many houses do when the owners can't keep up with things. And Little Wife doesn't fancy ending her years away from her family. If anything happened to me she would find things a lot harder to sell up and move back on her own. Hopefully we can find somewhere rural within an hour or so of her family.

Having said that, if her sisters don't live for very much longer she won't feel the need to return. They arrive in a couple of hours and by the time the police find the bodies I'll be 200km away fishing the River Lot with my alibi. Just keep it to yourself ?

Edited by Nicepix
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

It has to be done. The house and garden take a lot of looking after so we will need to downsize in a few years. It would break my heart to see it deteriorate like so many houses do when the owners can't keep up with things. And Little Wife doesn't fancy ending her years away from her family. If anything happened to me she would find things a lot harder to sell up and move back on her own. Hopefully we can find somewhere rural within an hour or so of her family.

Having said that, if her sisters don't live for very much longer she won't feel the need to return. They arrive in a couple of hours and by the time the police find the bodies I'll be 200km away fishing the River Lot with my alibi. Just keep it to yourself ?

I’d genuinely advise anyone to go back and live amongst it for a while and then make decisions.

Like this last few days, weather has been nice, seen a few old pals, quiet enough….it can catch you out…..until you go in the Co-Op and see the shop assistant wearing a body cam !! …….she ain’t wearing that for no reason.

As I say, each to their own but not for me…..life has to be better than body cams in super markets surely, that ain’t no way to live.

• Like 3