Veiw from your office

Resin driveway this morning, again sorting someone’s mess out, the only thing you need to do is get your times right because each mix has to be in the the mixer for exactly the same time or the colour changes, oh and you can’t cold joint it because I can see where the joint is ?

121DD6FC-3BD1-4E6F-A4D2-3E9CCA43157A.jpeg

A81DECB1-3942-4D93-BF37-D9215536C252.jpeg

A02D4D9F-4833-42A6-BA46-C01E20FA18FB.jpeg

8F71C7B1-3675-47A0-A59D-809F25F074EF.jpeg

E22E9FA7-4A6F-4B10-8E03-C837AD70A86C.jpeg

• Like 10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leaving home for the office View from the office. Closer view from the office.....they are farmed deer.... The office. Planting new trees and re-establishing old lines

Beautiful day this morning. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

:laugh: Fukk me, Stav! I was staring at the 'Before' shots, trying to work it out! I'm thinking; " Well ..... That's not much to write home about, is it?! " I was really studying everything. Trying to pick up on some point of 'niceness'.

Then I saw the finished product! Fukk, yeah! That'll put the Jones' noses Right out of joint, won't it?! :clapper:

• Haha 1

After the resin I went to grout the patio and path that I’ve been doing with a mate ( his job ) when I got there the owner had marked the path and said “ that’s how I want it “ I said to my mate, you need to talk him out of that and I wouldn’t do that, the customer was insistent and my mate cut it, what a fu*king mess ??

0C4969E3-31F4-416C-A6E8-CDDEDBBD583D.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
7 hours ago, Stavross said:

Resin driveway this morning, again sorting someone’s mess out, the only thing you need to do is get your times right because each mix has to be in the the mixer for exactly the same time or the colour changes, oh and you can’t cold joint it because I can see where the joint is ?

121DD6FC-3BD1-4E6F-A4D2-3E9CCA43157A.jpeg

A81DECB1-3942-4D93-BF37-D9215536C252.jpeg

A02D4D9F-4833-42A6-BA46-C01E20FA18FB.jpeg

8F71C7B1-3675-47A0-A59D-809F25F074EF.jpeg

E22E9FA7-4A6F-4B10-8E03-C837AD70A86C.jpeg

What sort of price would that cost? I really like the look of it but don't trust a lot of 'drive way companies'.... 

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

After the resin I went to grout the patio and path that I’ve been doing with a mate ( his job ) when I got there the owner had marked the path and said “ that’s how I want it “ I said to my mate, you need to talk him out of that and I wouldn’t do that, the customer was insistent and my mate cut it, what a fu*king mess ??

I bet it looks a lot better when the lawn and plants have grown up to it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

What sort of price would that cost? I really like the look of it but don't trust a lot of 'drive way companies'.... 

this worked out about £70 a square meter, all the stuff comes from a company called The Resin Mill, they have just changed the stone, it used to come in 4 bags per mix, 3 at one size and another at 3mm I think it was but there was a lot of problems with colour change from one mix to the next if the timing wasn’t exact, now it still comes in 4 bags but the stone is premixed, you need to be careful with what it’s been put down on, it needs to be solid, it can’t be laid on block or over tarmac, basically it needs to be laid on concrete and if it’s cracked the crack needs to be repaired because the resin is only about 15mm when it’s laid, and if there’s any movement it cracks, there’s loads of people around this way that used to do tarmac that think they can do this, it’s nothing like putting tarmac down, recently I’ve seen two that were put over a block drive and a council flag drive they both just broke up like biscuits 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Stavross said:

That's awful mate , I like straight edges.

16 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

That's awful mate , I like straight edges.

It’s not what I would of done, I get that he didn’t want a straight path leading from a curved patio to a raised round patio, but it should of been done with 3 deep curves instead of a wiggly line

8 hours ago, Stavross said:

It’s not what I would of done, I get that he didn’t want a straight path leading from a curved patio to a raised round patio, but it should of been done with 3 deep curves instead of a wiggly line

The grass will soften one side and shrubs will cover the other, looks a good job ?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Arry said:

Glad I don't live in that house Sean I'll be walking into the cupboard, the same doors mate?

Cheers Arry

?..I just fit them where I'm asked,all the main bedroom doors are fire rated with the strips?

• Like 1