Whippet x spaniel

11 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

I'm sure they do most stuff ,

Pic of the lab x grey ,

20210901_212653.jpg

Thats a solid looking dog. I've always fancied the idea of the cross but never seen one in the flesh.

I asked about Europe as I thought running dogs were mostly frowned upon aside from a bit of coursing in Spain and Eastern Europe. I had no idea dogs bred here were making their way out there. Interesting 

• Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It will look like a lurcher if it turns out like the one I had.

Another picture I found of the mad bugger.

Has anyone done this x pal thinking of putting whippet over his spaniel bitch wanting ferreting dog good nose with a bit of speed for bolts 

Posted Images

On 28/08/2021 at 20:04, tank34 said:

Any pics of dogs pal

They are not my dogs mate and the lads who have them are no longer on this site though they were bred out of the small type springers that i used to own . I have seen a few of this cross over the years the first in the 70s that were used for rabbiting in some rough places like shitbeds slagheaps and industrial waste lands these dogs were more like small hounds and very hardy and would work all day smashing cover and running over rubble and other debris without sustaining injuries.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Tyla said:

Thats a solid looking dog. I've always fancied the idea of the cross but never seen one in the flesh.

I asked about Europe as I thought running dogs were mostly frowned upon aside from a bit of coursing in Spain and Eastern Europe. I had no idea dogs bred here were making their way out there. Interesting 

I believe Jeff as sent several pups over and I no he had something to do with breeding greyhound x lakelands and nearly all the litter went over to Europe to work pigs .

3 hours ago, Gilbey said:

Just had a look myself, looks to be the bitch "B"? If it is, he says it's a throwback to Labrador and on a older post he says, its head isn't bull blood it's lab and pudelpointer...

He told me it's a first x ,but who knows .

All I can say is she looks a strong type .