Whippet x spaniel

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It will look like a lurcher if it turns out like the one I had.

Another picture I found of the mad bugger.

Has anyone done this x pal thinking of putting whippet over his spaniel bitch wanting ferreting dog good nose with a bit of speed for bolts 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tank34 said:

He works on farm an got a lot of land to shoot an ferret on thay will not have lurchers on land he has two working spaniel for shooting 

Sorry tank I shouldn’t of commented on your post mate . That does sound stupid though don’t it a man that’s a employee an trained an uses gun dogs the employer has no trust or confidence in him or his dog training to be using a rabbit dog for rabbits there concerned there trusting employee is going to use his little rabbit dog to go after hare an deer. 

1 hour ago, Black neck said:

They would soon realise a beddy x is no treat 2 anything and allow it

Know of 3 people that use beddy crosses on shoots for picking up birds an retrieving other stuff 2 get on here from time to time I think the 3rd lad gets on here as well but don’t know his user name his profession is gun dog trainer there all on shoots that were anti lurcher no Lurchers allowed one of the guys even turned the keeper in to a lurcher man?

think some of these keepers are stubborn feckers all they see is the shit an put there guard up tbh I don’t blame em to be honest 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, poxon said:

Sorry tank I shouldn’t of commented on your post mate . That does sound stupid though don’t it a man that’s a employee an trained an uses gun dogs the employer has no trust or confidence in him or his dog training to be using a rabbit dog for rabbits there concerned there trusting employee is going to use his little rabbit dog to go after hare an deer. 

It's a big estate he on nowt todo with trust he got free run of land an lots of land around , thay just don't want lurcher on , estate got terrier lad doing digging he not aloud lurcher on , just how some farmer's are  pal ?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, mush said:

Seen two half bred LxG and both looked heavy and slow. Mabe a 1/4 bred would show the greyhound a bit more. 

I only know of 2 one Liverpool way that was a very good dog on fox took good numbers s/h and another my way a jacker on teeth when's things weren't going his way but a very good dog on all edible and took good numbers both could take a knock and had good feet and coats

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, bird said:

I think the same mate, you deff need only a 1/4 lab to 3/4 lurcher or greyhound, and being honest  a 1/4 still strong gene, I had a 1/4 pit 3/4 Grey in the 80s, he was fast, not bad wind, and enough guts for any quarry. So the 1/,4  lab  would make good knock about lurcher?

A well known fella from Wellingborough had something to do with a litter of lab x grey x Norfolk types ,the lab x grey look like a bull x ,big strong type of juckel .from what I was told most the litter went to Europe and turned out handy type .

3 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

A well known fella from Wellingborough had something to do with a litter of lab x grey x Norfolk types ,the lab x grey look like a bull x ,big strong type of juckel .from what I was told most the litter went to Europe and turned out handy type .

What were they doing in Europe?

9 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

No this the lab x he put a Norfolk to .

Just had a look myself, looks to be the bitch "B"? If it is, he says it's a throwback to Labrador and on a older post he says, its head isn't bull blood it's lab and pudelpointer...