New Project

Moorman 1

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out for first manning session, getting him used to his surroundings and the dog running around.   

A few more 

Started the ball rolling.  First kill in the bag, off a nice point.  

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Great read nice to see a finished bird after all the work put into manning the birds , then getting them trained to fur an feather. Then after all the work the pleasure of seeing the bird naturally hunt down the quarry well done mate credit where it's due ? ? 

Thanks very much. It's much like bring on a pup and watching it develop and learning its trade. Thats where the satisfaction lies for me!

• Like 2
21 hours ago, leegreen said:

Do you get much of a chase out of them Squirrels? Rabbits are a bit point and shoot with a Hawk and I always found Hares a bit unsporting.

Yes the squirrel flights can be very spectacular at times as they are three dimensional. You sound like a hard man to please. I think rabbit flights can be very sporting if set up correctly, as for hares I think they are a very big ask even eagles struggle to subdue them when captured. Especially if you consider the average weight of a hare compared to a hawk.

20 hours ago, leegreen said:

Not read all of your thread, but how much does that bird weigh?

He weighs approx 1lb 11oz

• Like 1