Moorman 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out for first manning session, getting him used to his surroundings and the dog running around.   

A few more 

Started the ball rolling.  First kill in the bag, off a nice point.  

Posted Images

21 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

That a stock dove mate? Can't see a white collar at all

That hawk catches more than half the lurchers down here mate ?

No JC definitely a woody it had a white collar, but by the time I got into the cover he'd plucked it.

Thanks mate, lol.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, borderboy said:

Love the variety of game you catch. It must be exciting. Do you fly from the fist? Or following on? 

Thank you borderboy!

When I'm working a wood he's just following on. That's exactly right it is exciting as you never quite know what he's off after next. When ferreting open ground buries on the moor he's usually flown from the fist, unless there's a tree conveniently positioned,which isn't often, or he will use someone's head as a perch.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Moorman 1 said:

7.45 this morning retrieved. After making kill 21, a squirrel, in the top of an oak tree yesterday.  He took his fill up in the ivy and spent the night out!

20221224_074329.jpg

Jeez that must of been a worry , least you could get up early and go an retrieve at first light , and it came back to the glove ?

5 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Jeez that must of been a worry , least you could get up early and go an retrieve at first light , and it came back to the glove ?

Yes luckily it was cold and wet last night so he had processed what food he had taken in. I was surprised that he came down immediately that he saw the food on my glove even in semi darkness. It was a relief to see him so keen!

• Like 3