Permission

Hi I’m looking for some permission for some ferreting/shooting with the air rife/catty It would be mostly my self . Some times 1 friend iv bean really struggling to find places around selby . I would be willing to travel 20-30 miles .

On 26/08/2021 at 21:56, Owenm said:

Hi I’m looking for some permission for some ferreting/shooting with the air rife/catty It would be mostly my self . Some times 1 friend iv bean really struggling to find places around selby . I would be willing to travel 20-30 miles .

Get out knocking on doors i have a bit around Selby and I got it buy driving around door knocking,  take proof of insurance etc with you , ones you get one farm its easier to get others 

Not sure anyone on here will give you permission lol

• Like 1

You will have to Knock on doors like the rest of us...be prepared for some knock backs..the odd get f****d!..stick at it and you may get lucky...NO MEMBERS ARE JUST GOING TOO hand over their hard earned permissions ..not to you or anyone one else comes asking??

• Like 4

Another great 1st post why is someone thats never met /saw you going to give you permission over the internet ? . Put your sunday best gear on and go knocking doors your asking someone youve never met to let you and a mate wonder over there home with a gun is a risk but at least if your asking at there door they can see you and it lessens the risk your a fruit cake 

• Like 1

Iv been asking for weeks even said il pay I dint expect any one to give me there’s but maybe a few tips . Iv at least ask 20+ farms and I know some of them as I do a bit of ratting as well but they don’t seam to want me in there fields. I fink it because there’s a lot of hare courses around at this time of year il just keep asking about I fink . Maybe have better luck after the crops are cut like some of you said .

Never ever offer to pay....your providing a free service ?keep at it,once all the crops are cut,stocks stopped breeding,you may get a few let you on ?

Don't hurt to offer doing some free manual work.. .fencing ,roofing,sort any moles etc...they all enjoy something for nothing??

• Like 1

This is the way I go about it with a flyer go for a drive talk to farmers when you see them out in in the paddock doing something   I found knocking on doors don’t get you far. But once you get onto one it some how just rolls on to others by word of mouth. 

F56B40DB-A256-4695-8BE9-9C193F52EE02.jpeg

• Like 1