Cctv question

11 minutes ago, kanny said:

That one on the drive that I've shown is around 20 metres away  we do use a single booster also,  I'd say that's about on the limit unless  you added more boosters then theoretically it's limitless as long as you have a plug socket to plug a booster into.

If that makes sense 

Or you could use a 4g device

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South hams hunter said:

That's shit, how far do you need the camera to see from the house? 

Well I was going to put one in my shed where I keep my quad, I suppose it all depends where I manage to put the receiver unit, if I can get boosters that may cure any issues I could have, I am having the house rewired in spring time, so I will probably have to wait till then to do it right, I thought if I asked around to find the right kit first, it would save money in the long run, as regards the 4 g it’s just crap in the house, old thick walls so we rely on Wi-Fi 

10 hours ago, 3175darren said:

Well I was going to put one in my shed where I keep my quad, I suppose it all depends where I manage to put the receiver unit, if I can get boosters that may cure any issues I could have, I am having the house rewired in spring time, so I will probably have to wait till then to do it right, I thought if I asked around to find the right kit first, it would save money in the long run, as regards the 4 g it’s just crap in the house, old thick walls so we rely on Wi-Fi 

Just run a discrete power supply from the house to your shed through a 2" electric duct and bury it ...keep your hard earned safe?

Those pir voice ones shit you up,you can record a message that gets played once someone has been detected."fuk off my property c....t"! Or one my mate had said" you have been detected,the police have been alerted "!

6 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

Those pir voice ones shit you up,you can record a message that gets played once someone has been detected."fuk off my property c....t"! Or one my mate had said" you have been detected,the police have been alerted "!

??like one of them early 90’s car alarms 

• Haha 1

Just had a video of a mountain lion in someone’s front garden caught on a ring doorbell in Scotland sent me, it’s not the best quality but good enough to make out what it is and scaling it looking over the fence makes it easy enough to confirm, ??

• Like 1