Strange one

My young dog took a tumble catching a rabbit yesterday and didn’t get back up, when I was walking over he tried to get up and when putting weight on his front right he kept falling over/face planting the ground there was no noise from him screaming ect. Carried him back to the car, then when I got back home  I done all the usual checks  and couldn’t pin point anything.he  now is going about alright putting weight on it just dipping. Seems down though and not his usual self, heard the odd noise when he’s getting up from bed, seems to be quite a lot of tension in his neck. Anybody seen anything like this?

7 minutes ago, lurchers said:

If ya can mate get him to a bone man as they can normally feel things and knock it back in,if a vet can’t find out he will rob ya and give ya metacam.

Yeah will try my local vet first then Boneman if needed. Already been giving him metacam??

If you get him to a good bone man first mate if possible...they are the best option as our dogs are athletes or soon to be athletes and they know what most issues with running dogs are because of their experience with greyhounds.

I have never in my life came across a vet that correctly diagnosed anything with my running dogs in the past. Really wouldn't risk it. Good luck though whatever you decide ?

It’s a retired vet I go to that lives local just does it still for a bit cash , sorts all dog lads out round here.  had greyhounds years aswell so he knows a bit. Will see him first then go to boneman as there’s not one near me. Cheers 

11 minutes ago, Jude said:

It’s a retired vet I go to that lives local just does it still for a bit cash , sorts all dog lads out round here.  had greyhounds years aswell so he knows a bit. Will see him first then go to boneman as there’s not one near me. Cheers 

2 hours ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

If you get him to a good bone man first mate if possible...they are the best option as our dogs are athletes or soon to be athletes and they know what most issues with running dogs are because of their experience with greyhounds.

I have never in my life came across a vet that correctly diagnosed anything with my running dogs in the past. Really wouldn't risk it. Good luck though whatever you decide ?

2 hours ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

If my dog had a fall and couldn't stand without falling I'd have had him at the vets straight the way and get him xray .

It's OK saying bone man but not everyone knows one so vets is best bet.

29 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

If my dog had a fall and couldn't stand without falling I'd have had him at the vets straight the way and get him xray .

It's OK saying bone man but not everyone knows one so vets is best bet.

The way vets are now mate you stand there and tell them what’s wrong with the dog as a lot don’t have a clue,then the cheeky feckers charge you consultation fee for what you told them the dog had.Feck that bone man 1st who does this day in day out and stand a better chance then getting shafted by dick Turpin who spends 7yrs training and doesn’t have a clue,then just gives you metacam feck them.

• Like 2

Had dog to boneman today, shoulder was out of alignment which he put back in. Also back and hip was out slightly. He’s still sore but hopefully see the difference in the next couple weeks after being rested.

cheers 

Edited by Jude
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Jude said:

Had dog to boneman today, shoulder was out of alignment which he put back in. Also back and hip was out slightly. He’s still sore but hopefully see the difference in the next couple weeks after being rested.

cheers 

See a vet couldn’t of picked that up mate I’m pleased for ya ?

• Like 1