First trip out

Hello I purchased my first Air rifle on Tuesday a tx200 hc in .22 what a gun! After spending abit of time on my zeroing and then grouping I decided to get rid of my L plates and christen my TX. I get to my permission for 19.00 and start to have alook around I spot plenty of bunnies but due to the lack of wind they hear me coming so I got into the sitting position close to the hedge row throw my scrim net over my head and rifle and waited it out. My patience wasn't tested for too long when a seemly over confident bunny comes hoping over, I resisted the urge to shoot just yet knowing I only had one shot and it had to count. Watching this rabbit for a couple of minutes it moved infront of a lovely safe back drop (safty first if I missed the pellet wasn't going anywhere it shouldn't) the shot was set up like it was sent from the gods lol. I give alittle squeak, take a breath hold the crosshair on Mr bunnies head and squeeze the trigger... Bang the rabbit hits the deck no cartwheeling nothing just stone dead. After composing my self I set about waiting it out again after 10 or so minutes I was looking down the scope at 3 rabbits and a woodpigeon. After abit of toing and froing between bunny or bird i decided the rabbit was next and I think this is the contributing factor to my miss. I lined the crosshair up, squeezed the trigger and missed sending everything either flying or running off! Again I got my self in position this time I know I'm in for abit of a wait. 20 odd mins go by and this sketchy rabbit appears it gets within range but its facing me I take aim hold my breath and squeeze the trigger.... Bang another stone cold dead rabbit with a head shot not in the ideal place but this is hunting and not every rabbit is going to be sideways just means my target area got smaller and with that I called it a night and went home with a ear to ear grin. Thank you for taking the time to read this is my first ever write up so go easy on me lol

IMG_20210819_222611.jpg

• Like 14

3 hours ago, Mooseontheloose said:

Hello I purchased my first Air rifle on Tuesday a tx200 hc in .22 what a gun! After spending abit of time on my zeroing and then grouping I decided to get rid of my L plates and christen my TX. I get to my permission for 19.00 and start to have alook around I spot plenty of bunnies but due to the lack of wind they hear me coming so I got into the sitting position close to the hedge row throw my scrim net over my head and rifle and waited it out. My patience wasn't tested for too long when a seemly over confident bunny comes hoping over, I resisted the urge to shoot just yet knowing I only had one shot and it had to count. Watching this rabbit for a couple of minutes it moved infront of a lovely safe back drop (safty first if I missed the pellet wasn't going anywhere it shouldn't) the shot was set up like it was sent from the gods lol. I give alittle squeak, take a breath hold the crosshair on Mr bunnies head and squeeze the trigger... Bang the rabbit hits the deck no cartwheeling nothing just stone dead. After composing my self I set about waiting it out again after 10 or so minutes I was looking down the scope at 3 rabbits and a woodpigeon. After abit of toing and froing between bunny or bird i decided the rabbit was next and I think this is the contributing factor to my miss. I lined the crosshair up, squeezed the trigger and missed sending everything either flying or running off! Again I got my self in position this time I know I'm in for abit of a wait. 20 odd mins go by and this sketchy rabbit appears it gets within range but its facing me I take aim hold my breath and squeeze the trigger.... Bang another stone cold dead rabbit with a head shot not in the ideal place but this is hunting and not every rabbit is going to be sideways just means my target area got smaller and with that I called it a night and went home with a ear to ear grin. Thank you for taking the time to read this is my first ever write up so go easy on me lol

IMG_20210819_222611.jpg

Great, that mate.  I've got the exact same rifle and calibre.  Needed nothing doing to it out of the box, shot lovely, but now after a few tins of pellets through it, it shoots beautifully.  

A squizzer and a jackdaw were my first kills with it.  Not too many rabbits about at all, local to me.

?

• Like 3

Nice one Moose. Bangin write up. The top bugs mind, though bodies as fit as a fiddle... eyes look like its been a few rounds with Joshua... signs of Mixxy... The livers and that alright?

All the best.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...