Torch instead of light force 170

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah wasn’t to bad. Can’t tell for sure because I could hardly see f all with led much prefer halogen 

Have used a torch lately, easy to carry and conceal compared to a lamp and battery, but they make the torches too bright, even with a narrow beam they light the place up too much and the thing I don’t

I had a Blitz years ago like a dust bin lid, you go out on a windy night and get your wrist broke?

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Borr said:

I'm giving a fenix ht18 a go, to run alongside a thermal , if I'm honest I'm enjoying the thermal a lot. Seeing all kinds of wildlife , most recently a pair of partridge , so many bits and pieces you wouldn't know we're there....

https://youtu.be/IotFfhJ2rv8

Some really good led lamps out there if you like them they make live easier

Just now, D Lloyd said:

Some really good led lamps out there if you like them they make live easier

Yep been using a mates which isn't great at distance tbh and I find the pistol grip is a ball ache for getting it in a pocket. But for ease of use and something to have in my pocket on an evening walk it should fit the bill ?

I know there's a lot of guys going back to the halogens and where it's practical I think they're better.

19 minutes ago, twelsh said:

Anyone tried night saber lamp reviews look good 

I've been using something very similar if not the same, I personally find it doesn't fit in my pocket and if it does it seems to fall out if the handle pokes out. Sounds pretty but if you've gone done the road of a discreet torch then something that drops in and out of your pocket is quite handy. Beam is tight at range and can be very difficult to keep stuff in view. I'm hoping the fenix has a bit more poke with wider view but I know it'll be more convenient in my pocket and to be honest there's far less scanning or lamp usage with thermal anyway. I still say a traditional halogen and battery is better when you're on perm and set for a night of it. 

• Like 1
On 19/08/2021 at 20:03, Salukigreyhound2020 said:

Anyone had any experience using a torch instead of lamp

anything you’d recommend been looking at the Olights 

Have used a torch lately, easy to carry and conceal compared to a lamp and battery, but they make the torches too bright, even with a narrow beam they light the place up too much and the thing I don’t like the most is the led bulbs in them, you don’t get the ruby red eyes of a rabbit looking back at you and for that reason alone I’d say the lamp and batteries are better, atb

• Like 3