Working wheatean terriers any about

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry Xmas lads

Lots of shite up on that old country blood page. A mate of mine sent in pics of two wheaten x’s and he used the pics no problem , then the dogs both useless and he used his pics without asking a two y

thank fuk its not just me then that thinks that too, f***ing kerry  blues,they were useless 30 years ago, he writes some shit on stuff he doesnt know anything about ,hes hunting the fame i reckon

Posted Images

13 hours ago, ijf said:

He openly states he doesn't work his dogs - for legal or illegal hunting. He has a lot of opinions on working breeds(not just strong dogs), how they work, and what crosses would work and what wouldn't. Yet he doesn't work dogs. I am sure he is a nice fella, he is entitled to an opinion and is clearly passionate about dogs, but any person preaching about working dogs without working them ?....  saying people should cross a Pitbull with a Kerry Blue as a Kerry Blue would bring more to a cross than a working Wheaton.... 

It must be my old age but I wouldn’t expect anything different. Legal or not why would anyone tell a bunch of strangers their business. These are the type of things that can come back to bite you in the rear. I’m not interested in a debate so I’m not going to get into a he said and she said but given what I know of the lad some of your comments are utter crap. Opinions are like a-holes everyone has one including you. Anyway, I’ll leave it there and won’t be replying any further

• Like 2
On 23/12/2021 at 05:41, The Fields said:

There was a few good wheatens kept round the Waterford area , very very  well kept tight line bred dogs going right back to the 1970s . 

Think most do have a soft spot for a wheaten terrier. I don’t own any, yet I have the privilege to see the odd one work occasionally. Not as regular though as times past. 
The wheatens that a few lads i know, the majority of the breeding in them came from the Northern owners down the years. Before anyone jumps on me for that statement, it’s not to cause offence to anyone it’s only an observation from what I’ve seen. Yet tbh these dogs where bred by southern lads that have kept the lines going, the majority of the pedigrees is from wheatens that where from the north. 
Suppose going back as far as what there is to work with most dogs worth there salt with decent men involved where bred best to best and certain lines will always be keep popping up. Atb 

Edited by THE GENERAL
  • Like 1
On 25/12/2021 at 16:09, THE GENERAL said:

Think most do have a soft spot for a wheaten terrier. I don’t own any, yet I have the privilege to see the odd one work occasionally. Not as regular though as times past. 
The wheatens that a few lads i know, the majority of the breeding in them came from the Northern owners down the years. Before anyone jumps on me for that statement, it’s not to cause offence to anyone it’s only an observation from what I’ve seen. Yet tbh these dogs where bred by southern lads that have kept the lines going, the majority of the pedigrees is from wheatens that where from the north. 
Suppose going back as far as what there is to work with most dogs worth there salt with decent men involved where bred best to best and certain lines will always be keep popping up. Atb 

Yes I agree wholeheartedly with you that The Northies had always a good crew of wheatens , I’m going back to the days of old we use to hear them talking breeding terms , lads from Belfast , Armagh ,, Portedown, and Dundalk had their fair share entered and could ly over the top of  them ,there was also a crew from Cork and they also were good lads who all shared their stories . Great memories late 70s early 80s . Jesus ever try to understand a Cork man and a Belfast man talking , just walk away as a translator is required.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4