What Scope for a .243

If you want to do some longer range shooting and dial in , with turrets . You are limited to makes like Meopta , vortex , and there are some new ones out like Element . 
             Personally, I’ve got a Schmidt and Bender 8X56 Hungarian . As good as anything I’ve seen . Point and shoot and unsurpassed light gathering, so it’s good at dawn and dusk . You can pick a second hand one up for £250 . 

• Like 2

I have a vortex scope on my .243 and I wouldn’t  use anything else now, the glass is superb in low light, they come with a lifetime warranty ( even damage ) I also have vortex binoculars as I was that impressed with the scopes, only down side is they won’t take a NV add-on because of the coatings on the glass

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I have a Swarovski scope on mine and also Swarovski bins too .....awesome. My best advice is buy the best you can afford.....Swaro , Schmidt or Zeiss all good but for your budget looking at S/H but decent scopes are always looked after.

That’s because you are the Earl of Durham, unlike us, your loyal subjects ?

• Haha 3
31 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I have a Swarovski scope on mine and also Swarovski bins too .....awesome. My best advice is buy the best you can afford.....Swaro , Schmidt or Zeiss all good but for your budget looking at S/H but decent scopes are always looked after.

I’ve been toying with getting the Swarovski z8 but it’s a lot on money for a scope just ordered the range finder Swarovski binos though my mate has them there top class

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I’ve been toying with getting the Swarovski z8 but it’s a lot on money for a scope just ordered the range finder Swarovski binos though my mate has them there top class

Buy from a company known for quality glass and production. Meopta Optika5 Zplus reticle would be perfect for your needs. You can dial in the .243 for accurate drops related to your shooting ballistics. Easy to do with Strelok Pro. The Zplus reticle looks similar to a mildot reticle but in MOA. It will give you aboutr 20 aim points for different distances. For shooting foxes, drop down to a 55 grain bullet (that's what I use for predators) and you can reach out a long way. The Optika5 has excellent glass and since Meopta makes their own glass, you get one heck of a value for what you want to spend. This scope comes in under your price range too. 

• Like 2