30 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

588003200_20210818_175708_exported_1449_16293351714862.jpg.5c5ed774f15d10e33f0a2a29ba3a13c4.jpg

This pup is a week old this morning .Last night we had a surprise  tornado to come through.I took this pup off the bitch during the storm as sometimes  a bitch will kill a pup during a tornado from anxiety.As this is the only pup I couldn’t  risk it.As I sat holding this pup I began to think of the time her mother caught the coon in the middle of the river.Then I remembered  when this pups sire had coonhound paralysis  and my wife stayed with him and taught him to walk again.Wife nearly shot me for that one.As the storm raged outside I thought about this pups grand mother and digging  to her with my father who declared her to be a sadistic bitch.I started to think of digging to this pups grandfather when my oldest daughter was about 3 and I would tote her to the dig.My daughter is now a senior in high school.So as you see its not just a pup.Its all the memories  with my family.Its all the blood,sweat and tears.I hear talk about the value of a pup.I can't tell you the value of this pup.I can tell you what this pup is worth to me.Everything.

That's perspective, right there... ?

It comes from a protein in raccoon saliva.So its usually coonhounds who get it.The sire to the pup had it twice fully paralyzed.Ciuld only blink and swallow.I built him a swing to hold him up so his toes would barely touch the ground.You have to move their legs for them for a month or so.Its actually one of the worst things I have ever encountered. 

Just now, W. Katchum said:

Thanks a lot pal, do you know of any other quarry over there causes anything like that ? Sounds like a bit of a shit time for both dog an owner ☹️

Na nothing  else.Its fairly rare most terriers aren't effected.I have noticed the terriers who do get it usually had just been sick.So I have an opinion  that it takes a weakened immune system  to be susceptible.If a terrier isn't screaming  in the kennel then I generally won't take them digging. 

• Like 4
On 23/08/2021 at 03:08, Rickshaw swami said:

Screenshot_20210822-210010_Chrome.jpg.85cbee7eec488133af4ffddda8729630.jpg

This is the dam in her younger days.If you look at the pictures I posted in the thread terrierwork in the US.Those pics are this pups family.Half mates,parents,aunts and uncles.

What's that bloody gret squirrel 

• Haha 1