Barrel Twist Rate

Just check my 22.250 Tika T3x Light barrel twist rate, I am getting 1-13 after countless attempts, I am following the correct procedure, the advertised rate is 1-14 or 1-12, but it is said that mistakes can happen in production, so were am I (1-13) ? or what,anyone else had this discrepancy. 

7 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Is it not shooting accurately ? 

The gun is shooting fine and accurate, I thought that I would check its twist rate just out of curiosity as I had read somewhere that mistakes in barrel twist rates can happen, also I am shooting 55 grn so just checking up on the gun. 

7 minutes ago, goldfinger said:

The gun is shooting fine and accurate, I thought that I would check its twist rate just out of curiosity as I had read somewhere that mistakes in barrel twist rates can happen, also I am shooting 55 grn so just checking up on the gun. 

Fair enough. Without sounding flippant, ultimately it doesn’t matter that much . I would just go with what the manufacturer states it is . Hopefully you have found a load that suits you and the rifle . I rang up Spud1967 with a similar sort of question, his response was , “are you happy with the groups you are getting “ , my answer was yes but…….” , he cut my answer short and gave me a reality check  , “ what are you worried about then , what do you want me to tell you?” I felt a bit of a plum , sometimes you can get too involved with something that has no actual bearing on accuracy, and that for me is what is most important. All the best in your endeavour, rifles are fascinating and we are learning all the time . But sometimes you just have to sit back , look at that tight little clover leaf group and say to yourself “ that’ll do “.?

• Like 2

I'm not concerned or worried about the rifle or with the accuracy or the ammo's performance that I use, just curious that if it had been a 1-12 that I might had pushed up a bit in bullet weight, but as you all say theirs nothing to worry about and that I agree with, just curious old me lol.

But could it  not possibly be as Ref: my first post  why some rifles of same make and model might prefer a different round ? food for though.

• Like 1