Tumble Dryer?

Thinking about one. Gets complicated fast.

Just weighed my typical wash. Dry. 2Kg. Guessing though, I need to weigh it straight out of the washing machine. Yeah? That's a point.

'Vented or condenser'? I don't much fancy having the door open, when I need to use this thing. Condenser then. Or, do these boxes you shove the vent pipe into work?

Thanks.

Cheers, mate! Exactly the sort of insider tips I'm looking for ;)

Believe it or not; Google just sent me to fukking 'Mumsnet'! :icon_eek: They actually talked a lot of sense there though. They'd know their shit too.

I've now established that Condensers cost a fortune, all round. Expensive. Juicy. And, as you say; Fukk up.

Sensors is another absolute No. They famously fukk up. Again, leaving horrific repair bills on an otherwise perfectly good machine.

I also Do go on dry weight of my gear. But the more room I leave it, the better economy. Interesting.

Venting? I haven't got a window, in my kitchen, as it happens. Light comes through the glass door ?

But, I had that moment of enlightenment! :D I can put the fukking thing down in the shed! Boosh! Stick my shit in a black bag.. Over the shoulder and down to the shed. Back the same way.

So, to summarise (And gather my thoughts) Four or five Kg. vented machine. Electric rating will be a decider. Obviously, I'd like to buy non chink. But, fukking good luck with That, these days!

Getting it nicely focused already though :)

I don’t know anything about them but I do know they belong outside.

I built my Mrs a big wash room in one of my barns, contains 3 washing machines and 2 tumble dryers and it’s the best place for them….we are fighting damp and mould in the house constantly in my part of Ireland, no reason to make the issue worse. 

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, WILF said:

I don’t know anything about them but I do know they belong outside.

I built my Mrs a big wash room in one of my barns, contains 3 washing machines and 2 tumble dryers and it’s the best place for them….we are fighting damp and mould in the house constantly in my part of Ireland, no reason to make the issue worse. 

How many people live in your fukcing house. 

• Haha 3
52 minutes ago, socks said:

How many people live in your fukcing house. 

6 ! …….my kids produce enough laundry to keep a small factory going never mind a Couple of machines ! Lol ? 

• Like 1

Just get the cheapest one, for one person you'll only be using it once a week.

When you've done your washing (presuming you got a machine? ?) Put it on an extra spin cycle before you load it into the dryer.

Should get one for around £100 ish 

Cheers, D.

• Like 2

Condenser and black spot mould are compadres,you watch the corners of your room go black and it's also a health hazard....vent it ,whatever way you have to or stick it in the shed ,even better

• Like 2

Mine's bought and paid for, Katch :boogy: Dinky little thing. It's only really about the size of a beer crate, or something. But, even if I just put the 'sheets' in. Then do my clothes? So what?! They'll be done!

£190.00. Gets some really good reviews too ~ outside of Amazon, who we all know allow paid for reviews ?

• Like 1

My Mrs is a laundry nutter, i only have to try sommat on and she's wanting to wash it, so drying is paramount.

Luckily we have rooms built on to the side of the house, which house the heating, washing, freezers and the all important extra kazi.

Through the summer the washing is line dried whenever possible but in winter we use a large tumbler, vented outside. ?