My old man has been watching the dog whilst we've been on holiday and the other day he noticed a scabbed bump on his head.

The dog has been scratting at it like mad and it now looks like a big open bloody sore.

Don't know if he's caught fleas or not but it's made a mess of his head, I flead him yesterday and put a sock over his legs but he's still been at it.

I'm going to have to put a e-collar on him, what's the best spray or ointment for skin problems?

My old man put some savlon on it yesterday but he's been at it again, going to the pet shop now to buy some of that spray.

7 minutes ago, socks said:

Salt water with a few drops of tea tree oil 

sudecreme 

leucillin spray  

I've had the e-collar on the dog and been using leucillin spray for a day but I've noticed the area has become a puss filled stinking open sore, I've also noticed it spreading and another sore developing near his ear.

I think it's vet time, the dog doesn't look right to me..

PXL_20210816_135917335.jpg

PXL_20210816_135157190.jpg

Looking at the pics, the original sore doesn't look as sore as it did yesterday but the greenish tint to the skin and smelly gunk is a worry, plus the fact that a new sore has appeared near his ear.

I've got him booked in tomorrow but I'll see if it's any better at all when I get home from work.

get some fuciderm or equivalent that will sort it but make sure its ear is ok as it may be irritating the dog and he is scratching the head, ive a great knowledge of canine ailments as ive actually shook hands with a vet.

Edited by big sid
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, big sid said:

get some fuciderm or equivalent that will sort it but make sure its ear is ok as it may be irritating the dog and he is scratching the head, ive a great knowledge of canine ailments as ive actually shook hands with a vet.

He's had the e-collar on mate so not scratching it but the thing is spreading.

I'll see how it is tomorrow, I'll give it another clean and dry it off tonight .

Fcukers sleeping in the outhouse tonight, not stinking out the kitchen. ?

19 minutes ago, Stockpot said:

If it were mine I'd shave the area so I could first of all, see what was going on, and secondly, to keep it clean and less stinky until it healed.

When you say you've put the e-collar on I take it you mean Elizabethan Collar not a shock collar surely?

Yes to the former, I have been cleaning it with warm water and dabbing it dry with cotton wool mate.

Next time the cnuts going in the dog pound, leave it for a week and it's head is rotting. ?