Afghanistan

3 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

The yanks made a few very very silly decisions when they went into Iraq the last time. Stuff which caused them a world of shit. The first two were removing any Baathist party member from any position of power or professional role and the second was disbanding the Iraqi army. The third was executing sadam? 

Just 1 pic from when saddam gassed some kurds. If Hitler needed topping then so did he. 

But kill saddam unleash a shite storm. There's no right and no wrong. 

Personally I'd leave em to it but make sure they know any genocide is met with short hard hitting response. No occupation, no big wars. Forget the idea of Western democracy with African or Muslim cavemen. Punishment for genocide, other than that crack on. 

Taking every single campaigner for democracy and improvement from Afghanistan to the west as 'refugees' sort of makes it harder to progress in Afghanistan. Send all the ones who don't fit back. Build their own future. 

unnamed.jpg

• Like 4

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t talk in a way that will not open a can of worms . I can’t pretend that I was all call of duty black ops , kicking doors and taking names . but I can tell you some truths  im a combat en

There’s blokes on here who can speak with genuine authority on the subject, I’m not one of them. I can only offer my view, to me 1 British soldiers life was never worth the lives of every rag hea

Question on the entry exam to Norfolk University;  " If you take the number of fingers Socks' has lost, from the extra fingers Tomo has, how many are left ? " Tomo's application was rejected

Posted Images

They did not remove saddam during the first gulf War because he was dropping scud missiles into Israel. The Israelis told the  US  they would use nuclear weapons against Iraq if saddam used scud missiles armed with chemical or biological weapons against them. Don't forget the US supplied saddam with some of these weapons and Donald Rumsfeld meet saddam at least 60 time's .    The US had no problem with  saddam until he became disobedient.  Just like General Noriega. 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

How about this. Given the disastrous history of regime change, since at least the Iran coup of '53, is limited operations with the aim of 'containment' the most viable strategy?

It's certainly the direction the British government is taking with military reforms. Light, highly trained, highly equipped, highly informed, forces with short reaction times and global reach. No intention of holding ground or forcing change, just go in at a moments notice and leather them then f**k off, as and when necessary until the regime naturally collapses through internal pressure, rather than external.

I'd be alright with that.

Can you imagine the Yanks going along with it, though? :hmm:

Bombing Syria is a presidential right of passage! :laugh:

• Haha 2
On 20/08/2021 at 18:04, chartpolski said:

I'm no terrorism expert, but there is overlap in the aims of most of these groups.

To reduce it to basics, as I see it;

The Taliban want an Islamic republic, based on Sharia law, only in their own country, Afghanistan.

ISIS want an Islamic caliphate , based on Sharia law stretching across all Islamic countries from North Africa to Indonesia.

Al Qaeda want nothing less than all democracies across the world replaced  with Islam and Sharia.

Cheers.

Very much like Ben and Jerry's (Taliban), McDonalds (Isis) and Coca-Cola (Al Qaeda)

3 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Apaches doing crowd control....

Not gonna lie, I bet there's a bit of a buzz being out there right now, amongst the chaos, seeing history unfold.

It would pisss me off. The current job seems to be see how many rag heads you can bring to the UK. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

80afghan family’s in the local hotel by me breakfast lunch and dinner all free car park full of people’s old clothes they’ve donated

Town on the yorkshire coast lurcherman ?