Afghanistan

1 minute ago, sid g said:

i remember when i was about 12 i started racing pigeons i sat on a blokes yard where i`d gone to look at the loft set up i said to him what advice would you give to a youngster just starting out in the sport -- he said if you dont know what your talking about shut the fook up listen and learn ,, 

I like the old saying; "better to say nothing and be thought stupid, than to speak and confirm it " !

Cheers.

• Like 3

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t talk in a way that will not open a can of worms . I can’t pretend that I was all call of duty black ops , kicking doors and taking names . but I can tell you some truths  im a combat en

There’s blokes on here who can speak with genuine authority on the subject, I’m not one of them. I can only offer my view, to me 1 British soldiers life was never worth the lives of every rag hea

Question on the entry exam to Norfolk University;  " If you take the number of fingers Socks' has lost, from the extra fingers Tomo has, how many are left ? " Tomo's application was rejected

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I like the old saying; "better to say nothing and be thought stupid, than to speak and confirm it " !

Cheers.

There's also an old saying charts that if everyone in the the room  (middle East )is  a c**t it might just be you who's the c**t (usa uk etc) ? ? 

Most on here still believe we went there because bin laden get the twin towers flew into by planes and they collapsed from the bottom up because of it ? ? 

And we went into Iraq which had nothing to do with bin laden because they had weapons a mass destruction ? 

And that country's  aren't allowed to have nuclear weapons because they will kill people with them but usa are allowed them and have used them to kill people and are still using the waste that gives off radiation to bomb people left right and center 

You couldn't make it up lol

1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

Afghanistan in the 60's was fairly moderate and 'modern' I believe with elements of Western culture and fashion including the latest mini skirts 

3537.jpg

f**k me no wonder they made em put burkas on

Edited by JDHUNTING
  • Haha 3
6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

There's also an old saying charts that if everyone in the the room  (middle East )is  a c**t it might just be you who's the c**t (usa uk etc) ? ? 

Most on here still believe we went there because bin laden get the twin towers flew into by planes and they collapsed from the bottom up because of it ? ? 

And we went into Iraq which had nothing to do with bin laden because they had weapons a mass destruction ? 

And that country's  aren't allowed to have nuclear weapons because they will kill people with them but usa are allowed them and have used them to kill people and are still using the waste that gives off radiation to bomb people left right and center 

1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

Afghanistan in the 60's was fairly moderate and 'modern' I believe with elements of Western culture and fashion including the latest mini skirts 

that’s probably In Kabul  mate . 
you can say the same for most Middle East cities pal . 

no one is acting like that in the likes of Helmand garreshk kajaki or garmasir 

there isn’t any buildings or shops or places or coffee houses or anything really you’d associate with urban culture. 

it’s a barren barren place at times pal 

15 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Come on Sean Penn , what was it all about then ? 

oil ? 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

3537.jpg

This is what I'm saying lol 

The democratic Republic of Afghanistan how we would like Afghanistan to be isn't it lol 

So the insurgents ones we don't like now try taking over Russia help the democratic government because we didn't like Russia we helped the insurgents that we don't like now 

The insurgents won the war with our help ruining the country ? 

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

This is what I'm saying lol 

The democratic Republic of Afghanistan how we would like Afghanistan to be isn't it lol 

So the insurgents ones we don't like now try taking over Russia help the democratic government because we didn't like Russia we helped the insurgents that we don't like now 

The insurgents won the war with our help ruining the country ? 

That’s all very well saying that now . As in today .

but historically the sliding scale of constant political moving over time meant that at that  time stamp , the best Way to stop the rise of communism  in the region was to arm the Islamic forces of Afghanistan.

all well and good saying snide lines now but immediacy requires action . Like sending weapons and training the mujahadeen 

The Afghan conflict wasn’t as greatly assisted by that intervention really as you  think. Other factors changed the game 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Come on Sean Penn , what was it all about then ? 

oil ? 

I think it was more there wasn't really a government in place so easy for a base and we needed to out saddam because he was not selling his oil in dollars and as charts mentioned the other day was trying to get all the oil producers together which would a f****d everything for the Americans thats why as soon as we got there set up we went into Iraq and Iraq once taken over New government we put in went straight back to selling oil for.dollars even though they was taking a huge loss 

It wasn't because bin laden got the twin towers bombed and saddam had weapons a mass destruction mate I know that much ?

8 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

That’s all very well saying that now . As in today .

but historically the sliding scale of constant political moving over time meant that at that  time stamp , the best Way to stop the rise of communism  in the region was to arm the Islamic forces of Afghanistan.

all well and good saying snide lines now but immediacy requires action . Like sending weapons and training the mujahadeen 

The Afghan conflict wasn’t as greatly assisted by that intervention really as you  think. Other factors changed the game 

Nothing to do with communism mate it was russia a superpower getting close to the oil fields they didn't like same as Syria today there helping them for oil not because they're like them 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I think it was more there wasn't really a government in place so easy for a base and we needed to out saddam because he was not selling his oil in dollars and as charts mentioned the other day was trying to get all the oil producers together which would a f****d everything for the Americans thats why as soon as we got there set up we went into Iraq and Iraq once taken over New government we put in went straight back to selling oil for.dollars even though they was taking a huge loss 

It wasn't because bin laden got the twin towers bombed and saddam had weapons a mass destruction mate I know that much ?

Iraq was reaching the end of its days and would have fallen into failed State status. We couldn’t risk that at all as a western world . 

we couldn’t allow Iraq’s weapons of any type to be disappeared into the hands of any more volatile actors. The easy way was hard power and a military presence . 

afghanistan was invaded for sheltering bin laden and al queda . 

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Nothing to do with communism mate it was russia a superpower getting close to the oil fields they didn't like same as Syria today 

It was the rise of communism that lead to the initial us intervention in Rambo era Afghanistan 

syria is a whole different conflict , don’t start a whole new chess game as you’ll get checked hard on that 

1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Iraq was reaching the end of its days and would have fallen into failed State status. We couldn’t risk that at all as a western world . 

we couldn’t allow Iraq’s weapons of any type to be disappeared into the hands of any more volatile actors. The easy way was hard power and a military presence . 

afghanistan was invaded for sheltering bin laden and al queda . 

It was the rise of communism that lead to the initial us intervention in Rambo era Afghanistan 

syria is a whole different conflict , don’t start a whole new chess game as you’ll get checked hard on that 

Lol Iraq  is a failed state with even more weapons then what they had because of the intervention are you for real ? ? 

So for the uninatiated amongst you, who read the broad sheets and pass opinion based on Alex Jones infowars documentary’s

The us handed the Iraqi prime minister sovereignty on June 28 2004 . 

that’s an irrefutable fact . 
the war in Iraq was over at that date . 

so take all your isis funded by Israel and us socom bollocks and oil conspiracies and run them down the road . 

a military presence doesn’t dictate war . 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

So for the uninatiated amongst you, who read the broad sheets and pass opinion based on Alex Jones infowars documentary’s

The us handed the Iraqi prime minister sovereignty on June 28 2004 . 

that’s an irrefutable fact . 
the war in Iraq was over at that date . 

so take all your isis funded by Israel and us socom bollocks and oil conspiracies and run them down the road . 

a military presence doesn’t dictate war . 

Was that when they starting selling there oil only for dollars again ? 

4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Lol Iraq  is a failed state with even more weapons then what they had because of the intervention are you for real ? ? 

lol 

seriously , do you understand the failings of Jerry bremer ? And how he led to the acceleration of Iraq’s mess with the implementation of policy which looking back , are breathtakingly insane . 

Other than armoured humvees what more weapons are the iaf in posssession of than they were previously? 

stand by your statement and back it . 

9 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

What weapons mate ? 

Just cause the Iraqis are now holding assault rifles in Oakley gloves , does that make them more of a threat ? 

what weapons have been taken and what weapons do they use now ? 
come on .