Afghanistan

28 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

No I don’t but if you’re going to use being a father to defend genocide ...... probably best not.

I'm not defending anything with anything but if you want to understand what might push a man to do the unspeakable I'd start there. There's nothing Id feel guilty about doing if I thought my kids were better off it was done. Had my old dog put down today really didn't want to do it but he'd gone senile and cranky as f**k, didn't feel it was right for my kids having him around so did what I thought was best for my family. 

• Like 2

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t talk in a way that will not open a can of worms . I can’t pretend that I was all call of duty black ops , kicking doors and taking names . but I can tell you some truths  im a combat en

There’s blokes on here who can speak with genuine authority on the subject, I’m not one of them. I can only offer my view, to me 1 British soldiers life was never worth the lives of every rag hea

Question on the entry exam to Norfolk University;  " If you take the number of fingers Socks' has lost, from the extra fingers Tomo has, how many are left ? " Tomo's application was rejected

Posted Images

Just now, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Im not being a prick but that wouldn’t have happened 

Not the atrocities , but the standing by . 

it doesn’t work like that pal , sorry . 

it did mate thats the rules they was told turn a blind eye hes a truck driver now and will pull up every now and then in na state crying mumble for days someone has to go pick him up 

no different to the northern alliance noncing tea boys and been allowed in afghan 

4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

it did mate thats the rules they was told turn a blind eye hes a truck driver now and will pull up every now and then in na state crying mumble for days someone has to go pick him up 

no different to the northern alliance noncing tea boys and been allowed in afghan 

Card alpha was in place on operation Agricola. 

that means nothing to you probably but what it means if that if you punch a guy in front of me I can say stop , but if you kneel on him and smash him with a brick , I can put half a magazine into your skull and not even get asked twice about it . 

I do this for a living remember pal . 

• Like 3

We are easy pickings for Islam for the very reason that we try and apply our western kindness and sense of reason to our dealings with them……as a group, these people harbour no such weakness (or virtue depending on how you see it) 

These people find us disgusting, bottom line, if they could wipe us out and make the whole world Islamic they would…..without a second thought !

Our virtues and our morality won’t count for shit in that scenario…….trying to be their friend is a ridiculous exercise in futility !   

• Like 11
2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Card alpha was in place on operation Agricola. 

that means nothing to you probably but what it means if that if you punch a guy in front of me I can say stop , but if you kneel on him and smash him with a brick , I can put half a magazine into your skull and not even get asked twice about it . 

I do this for a living remember pal . 

im not saying you never mate i just know what little he has mentioned it was common and happening there mate they seen it couldnt do a thing ?

come on socks you served there mate tell us some of the horrors you witnessed ?

Just now, mC HULL said:

im not saying you never mate i just know what little he has mentioned it was common and happening there mate they seen it couldnt do a thing ?

I’m sure the man will feel brilliant bringing up all that to help your argument mate . 

if he has stuff to say , I’m sure he’ll add where he sees fit . 

• Like 5

Fella who works at our place is as mad as a box of frogs and many put it down to being in the army.

Whilst we are working he's often wandering about the site talking to himself.

He's served in Afghanistan and says he saw young lad who he used to babysit get blown to bits but claims the things he saw in Bosnia really fcuked his head up.

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Arent you getting this ? 

Think your mate has seen to many war movies pal , your not getting this “stand and do nothing “ doesn’t exist . 

if you see a threat to human life , you can intervene appropriately . It’s called law of armed conflict 

18 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I can’t talk in a way that will not open a can of worms . I can’t pretend that I was all call of duty black ops , kicking doors and taking names .
but I can tell you some truths 

im a combat engineer , I served in 16 air assault brigade for 14 years . I was once part of a brotherhood and I turned away from it 2 years ago to serve my family and myself better. 

ive spoken before about leadership , about belonging , influence and the effect people can have on your life every once in a while . 

there’s been probably 5 people , in the military who have shaped and formed me into the person I am at home and at work . I’ve spoken before about my little mate who  has and continues to place himself in the way of hurt against the uks people . 

instead now I’ll write about another guy , every so often you meet a person who raises your standards . I was lucky , I was part of a very very competent section , from the lowest private , to the highest ranked snco . 

we had a new snco arrive ,  a staff seargeant called joe . We were aware of him , he had iconic status already , he was big , switched on , and incredibly fit . Like double Ironman man , swim the channel , up mount blanc and Everest Fit. He came in in his first day and brought paint into work . 

the next morning at phys he ran us harder than I’ve ever ran or heard of . We were pretty fit . But f**k me it was howling . Afterwards he said that’s the new standard , get with it or get out . 

it was like manner from heaven . We grew, slicker , faster , meaner until I can honestly hand in heart say we were the best troop to have ever pulled on a uniform in that Corps . Yes I  mean that . 
1 lad has an mbe 

2 at special forces 

5 with professional qualified degrees 

2 of the most junior lads are currently excelling as phase one instructors . all that was definitely done to the attitude joe imbued into us . A culture of fraternity and excellence steered by his lead from the front style . 

Me and my mate got it worst , I’ve lost count of the amount of times we’d get thrown about , “stop being f***ing clowns , your airborne Lance corporals , act like it ! “ ??

As we rose through the ranks we found it easier and easier , we’d fight together , literally , and die together . On pt , on exercise , on operations . He did simple things , we got a new t shirt , an emblem of our own , you never went anywhere alone , always together , even to meals , we’d sit until everyone was finished then rise as one . It sounds cartoonish but it wasn’t . It lead to a culture , an ethos , an identity that we all still hold . 

his knowledge , his coaching , all led to the bettering of us as soldiers and indeed people . I ve been stood on a cliff in Dartmoor at night , with the clag all around us , holding a map and looking back at the 8 loaded lads behind me. And remembered his words . “Red in the bed , turn the dial and count your paces “ 

every tine I encounter adversity at work , it may sound twee , but regardless how little or big the challenge is the words he painted  on the wall that first day at work come to mind . 
“you have done this before “ 

now you may ask what does this have to do with Afghanistan etc . I speak to joe quite often , most weeks , just a whats app or a voice note or a picture from old . 

hes f****d . We were dispersed as a troop across the battle group . He was caught in an ied blast . Part of a three team . He walked away without a scratch , one lad was vapourised , the other was badly hurt. He suffers huge survivors guilt , never sleeps uninterrupted and has suffered for his reluctance to seek professional mental assistance . 

that’s what Afghanistan did to people . It destroyed great people and turned them into shells of them selves . 

they can f***ing keep it . 

The brave souls who put it on the line for us to be free, know many in the ROYAL IRISH REGIMENT that served in 16 air assault and they have my absolute respect. Bloody HEROS if you ask me. F A B

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Fella who works at our place is as mad as a box of frogs and many put it down to being in the army.

Whilst we are working he's often wandering about the site talking to himself.

He's served in Afghanistan and says he saw young lad who he used to babysit get blown to bits but claims the things he saw in Bosnia really fcuked his head up.

How old is he ? 

bosnia to Afghanistan is a long old gap 

4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Arent you getting this ? 

Think your mate has seen to many war movies pal , your not getting this “stand and do nothing “ doesn’t exist . 

if you see a threat to human life , you can intervene appropriately . It’s called law of armed conflict 

ok mate ?watching war movies what he seen there he still cant get away from now 

Just now, mC HULL said:

ok mate ?watching war movies what he seen there he still cant get away from now 

Mate , 

don’t be facetious : don’t let people say “ we had to stand by and let it happen “ cause it f***ing didn’t . It doesn’t work like that . 

they don’t send the British army to act as observers . 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I would never ask someone who served to share the horrors they had seen. My cousin served as a medic and when she come home I was only a youngster.  But was always told never to ask for that shite. She always tells of the good times never the dark ones ??

• Like 4