Plymouth shooter

22 hours ago, sussex said:

Every time my certs been up for a renewal I’ve had the feo visit and do the checks , and I’ve had fac &sgc for well  over forty years , that’s been the Met , Essex and Sussex police ..it would seem someone down Devon & Cornwall hasn’t been up to scratch giving him his ticket back …Be interesting to see there reasoning behind it , should they ever come clean .

I'm in Devon they have been religious in checking mine every time. 

I had an incident there was a smack dealer across the road from me and she kept parking with her vehicle against mine. So went around to complain she kicked off big time and we had a Barney so to cover myself I logged it with the Law. Less than a week later knock on the door some Fire Arms chap giving me loads to start with because I was sgc/fac holder. I told him thats exactly why I logged it, well he did come around and said I did the right thing in the end. 

I was glad when they caught her off her face load of smack in her car and an Axe, they took her licence off her, so no more car against mine. Then they used the big red key and turn over her house, busted again. She's f****d off to London now thank christ did a house swop.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People can run round attacking folks with a hammer !  Mentally unstable people will find a way. Its frankly a joke talking about the absolutely minuscule instances of people with legally held f

Come across a few landowners and gamekeepers in the past who should not have a spud gun never mind a shotgun. 

Absolute tragedy. Guy was a loner who couldn’t get a ride. Probably spent his entire youth holed up in his bedroom playing GTA. Get used to this, because we’re raising a generation of boys just like h

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Arry said:

I'm in Devon they have religious in checking mine every time. 

I had an incident there was a smack dealer across the road from me and she kept parking with her vehicle against mine. So went around to complain she kicked off big time and we had a Barney so to cover myself I logged it with the Law. Less than a week later knock on the door some Fire Arms chap giving me loads to start with because I was sgc/fac holder. I told him thats exactly why I logged it, well he did come around and said I did the right thing in the end. 

I was glad when they caught her off her face load of smack in her car and an Axe, they took her licence off her, so no more car against mine. Then they used the big red key and turn over her house, busted again. She's f****d off to London now thank christ did a house swop.

Cheers Arry

I have a few around me like that Arry and i am glad i dont have shotguns tbh.

• Haha 2

Just listening to radio4 ,talking about Sunday papers ,and obviously the Plymouth shootings ,the presenter ask one of his guests ,a journalist, " do you know anyone with a firearms license?"the reply was ,"yes ,I've family that are farmers ,so one of them must have one ,to shoot badgers or something!" 

Media is deadly ,99% bollocks ,no news ,no TV, papers must be great ! 

44 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Just listening to radio4 ,talking about Sunday papers ,and obviously the Plymouth shootings ,the presenter ask one of his guests ,a journalist, " do you know anyone with a firearms license?"the reply was ,"yes ,I've family that are farmers ,so one of them must have one ,to shoot badgers or something!" 

Media is deadly ,99% bollocks ,no news ,no TV, papers must be great ! 

local rag is full of comments saying people in cities shouldnt have guns and for a ban on them

23 hours ago, .357shooter said:

well if that is the way the guy thinks all cars should be taken from everyone aswell.how many lives would that save each year ?.

I take your point, but it’s not a very strong argument. Problem is that this evil b*****d, Thomas Hamilton, Derrick Bird, Michael Ryan,  maybe if they hadn’t had legal access to guns, these ‘going out in a blaze of glory’ shooting sprees wouldn’t have happened? And critically for me, they all turned the gun on themselves, so the act of suicide was all too easy.

People can run round attacking folks with a hammer ! 
Mentally unstable people will find a way.

Its frankly a joke talking about the absolutely minuscule instances of people with legally held fire arms killing someone when you have gangs of pakis ironing out random strangers on London Bridge and running around with cemtex while gangs of Africans merrily shoot each other in our major cities with everything from a .22 pistols to an uzi ! 

Mentally stable legal fire arms owners should not be inflicting a kicking on themselves and helping the government restrict their own freedoms all the while we allow animals to roam our street unchecked !

We shouldn’t even discuss it !

Edited by WILF
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

The guy was obviously primed and held off for the 'perfect political storm moment' then let go. It's so bloody obvious. We've all heard of grooming gangs......well the police and other elements within Government also 'groom certain people' for certain jobs. What do we think the intelligence community in this country do all day?!!

It's so old its new

Edited by Neobliviscaris1776
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, WILF said:

People can run round attacking folks with a hammer ! 
Mentally unstable people will find a way.

Its frankly a joke talking about the absolutely minuscule instances of people with legally held fire arms killing someone when you have gangs of pakis ironing out random strangers on London Bridge and running around with cemtex while gangs of Africans merrily shoot each other in our major cities with everything from a .22 pistols to an uzi ! 

Mentally stable legal fire arms owners should not be inflicting a kicking on themselves and helping the government restrict their own freedoms all the while we allow animals to roam our street unchecked !

We shouldn’t even discuss it !

But a hammer won't kill as many people as a lunatic on a rampage with an automatic weapon.

Does it matter what nationality the perpetrators are though, a gun doesn't have any preferences.

We can debate this until the cows come home but I'm sure me, you and anyone else on here would change their views if one of your kids were wiped out in a mass massacre by a gun weilding nutter.

Just now, Greb147 said:

But a hammer won't kill as many people as a lunatic on a rampage with an automatic weapon.

Does it matter what nationality the perpetrators are though, a gun doesn't have any preferences.

We can debate this until the cows come home but I'm sure me, you and anyone else on here would change their views if one of your kids were wiped out in a mass massacre by a gun weilding nutter.

Many years ago I stripped out an old house where a dentist had gone home and killed his whole family with a hammer…….

So, does that mean we ban or put stricter checks on dentists or hammers ?…….or both ? 

What do you think it should be ? 

Have a look at the knife crime statistics…..do we ban knives or people cooking ?

Whats your answer ?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

Many years ago I stripped out an old house where a dentist had gone home and killed his whole family with a hammer…….

So, does that mean we ban or put stricter checks on dentists or hammers ?…….or both ? 

What do you think it should be ? 

Have a look at the knife crime statistics…..do we ban knives or people cooking ?

Whats your answer ?

Again, a hammer won't cause mass carnage like certain guns.

Guns are designed for one purpose and one purpose only.

How many folk have been killed in the last decade in mass shootings?

And who said ban anything?

9 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

a gun doesn't have any preferences.

But those issuing certificates do have preferences and that is obviously were the problem lies here. 

So who issued it? Who was a reference for him? Etc etc. 

A madman with a gun certificate and we should all now demand that law abiding citizens be penalised?? Pull the other one? 

1 minute ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

But those issuing certificates do have preferences and that is obviously were the problem lies here. 

So who issued it? Who was a reference for him? Etc etc. 

A madman with a gun certificate and we should all now demand that law abiding citizens be penalised?? Pull the other one? 

Which means more measures should be put in to place to try and minimise the chances of potential crack pots owning said guns.

56 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Really ?

• Haha 1