Jill jab prices

2 hours ago, vfr400boy said:

One of my jills has come back in season after having her litter just rung vet for a jill jab to save me driving to my mates vasectomised hob £52.60 ! Was there price I think I will be driving ha 

Personally I’d make sure my cages are kept as clean as possible and just leave her, the nights are drawing in now she will be fine 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Netmaker said:

£182 to get a hob snipped I was lucky as I was gifted a vasectomised hob and a silver Jill from a guy on here the vets are charging what ever they want

I kept a hob back well my son picked him but he's awesome so I'd like to keep him whole to breed off in the future,  might buy a hob in 

Depending where you live, Friendly Vets, Sowerby Bridge charged me £22 for two Jill's and I just got my males castrated, makes life a whole lot easier. Don't have to be splitting the males up in summer and they don't stink either. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Such a random year, just had another jill come in to season this weekend she was taken out of season about 9 weeks a go with a v hob , my ferret hutchs are north facing and under a lean too so its quite dark , never had jills come in to season so late in the year before? Any one else's coming back in ? 

I just leave my vas hob in with my jills and they do seem to keep coming back in but he just “deals” with each one as they come in, never gets aggressive with them if they aren’t in season though. Think I had a jill come back in early august which is late. Normally younger jills that come back in my opinion