Law regarding birds

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A working dog should catch his Boss a dinner...its only fair?  

Lurchers are really pot hunters, so should be able to hunt up and catch game birds.  I think it must be illegal for gun dogs to kill birds though because on shoots when it happens the owners alwa

Just don't get caught in the pen??

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Mooseontheloose said:

Thanks for all replys, he's got a eye for feather and I won't be discouraging it who doesn't love abit pheasant lol atb Chris

Your better with duck mate, wait until the keepers been round and fed them a heap of wheat, takes half an hour for them to get above head height, dog will course it like a hare, only end result tastes better?

• Haha 3
On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2021 at 17:26, Mooseontheloose said:

Hello I do apologise for my lack of knowledge but what is the law regarding using lurchers to catch live pheasants, ducks etc thank you 

Your lack of knowledge may not be as lacking as you would wish some to believe as you mention "live pheasants".Some lurcher owners knew the advantage of owning a mutt proficient at filling the pot and wallet,the wallet and pot are unconcerned with what fills them,the lurcher never gave a toot and many an owner hunted with a brazen manner.Id find the hunting level that you are at comfort with and hunt accordingly,if you have a problem with the consequence of your actions seek a lesser consequence.A roasted fowl or pheasant is far more tender and tastier with the time you put into the catcher,guns are far more mundane.

• Like 2