Law regarding birds

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A working dog should catch his Boss a dinner...its only fair?  

Lurchers are really pot hunters, so should be able to hunt up and catch game birds.  I think it must be illegal for gun dogs to kill birds though because on shoots when it happens the owners alwa

Just don't get caught in the pen??

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Gilbey said:

Have a look at the important note at the top of this section ?

And that means jack shit,so how can people put pics up of the bullxs stood beside a fox or there Salukis beside a hare.Give ya head a shake mate it’s thl ffs nothing is illegal on here.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mooseontheloose said:

Hello I do apologise for my lack of knowledge but what is the law regarding using lurchers to catch live pheasants, ducks etc thank you 

If it was illegal mate you wouldn’t be allowed to use spaniels or them fat labs to catch and retrieve any game mate.enjoy the hobby and good luck?

2 hours ago, Mooseontheloose said:

Hello I do apologise for my lack of knowledge but what is the law regarding using lurchers to catch live pheasants, ducks etc thank you 

If it catches it on private owned land then it’s poaching , if it’s in public place then dog dangerously out control , if it’s on permission 5hen nothing , but don’t worry about it either way lol 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lurchers said:

And that means jack shit,so how can people put pics up of the bullxs stood beside a fox or there Salukis beside a hare.Give ya head a shake mate it’s thl ffs nothing is illegal on here.

Maybe give your head a shake lol, was pointing him to rabbits and rats, not thl pre ban nudge nudge wink wink.

If it was illegal mate you wouldn’t be allowed to use spaniels or them fat labs to catch and retrieve any game mate.enjoy the hobby and good luck?

Retrieving shot birds is different ?

Not  having dig but not all labs are Fat if you have a good working Lab it shouldn't carry a lot of weight if fed and exercise properly

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Lurchers are really pot hunters, so should be able to hunt up and catch game birds. 

I think it must be illegal for gun dogs to kill birds though because on shoots when it happens the owners always look guilty and hide the shredded bird under there coat or kick it under a bush.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5