Metal Detecting Boys

I would love to have a day wandering around with a metal detector,...it seems to a curious a form of hunting..?

We were out on a mouch yesterday, right out in a wild old place, and there was a line of chaps, working right across a muddy field,.. they were all 'heads down',.. using detectors .

I was sorely tempted to ask them if I could have a quick go,.. but I didn't....?

Stay safe now lads,. all the best, OldPhil..?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For a medieval shopping trolley?

That is definitely an elvish coin from lord of the rings. I believe it's a grulamp which is worth ten niblo's. Nice find.

Yes you are a clever cnut ?

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

I would love to have a day wandering around with a metal detector,...it seems to a curious a form of hunting..?

We were out on a mouch yesterday, right out in a wild old place, and there was a line of chaps, working right across a muddy field,.. they were all 'heads down',.. using detectors .

I was sorely tempted to ask them if I could have a quick go,.. but I didn't....?

Stay safe now lads,. all the best, OldPhil..?

I've always walked ground and wondered what happen and if there might be some artefacts having found Stone Age flints etc. Alway thought about a metal detector so got one for my 70th birthday, like I needed another hobby. It's quite additive Lol.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2

Few of the lads I used to knock about with mooching and hunting are all mad keen on the metal detecting...highly addictive as they don't keep dogs or bops no more?

We have loads of old bunkers,pill boxes etc close to us,then there's the tin and coal mining so always somewhere to have a dig and find something interesting...cleared a house few months back and was offered a few different detectors and them little hand probes but declined as I could tell they ment something to the old dear being her late husband's ?

• Like 2