Slip lead/collar

3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Rubbish, mate.

ive had two , both given, and the spring weakens and makes them a liability, opening when you don't want them to ?

Cheers.

That’s what I guessed looking at it ? might be a useful thing to stick round dogs neck in an emergency ? but wouldn’t want to hold my big dog in that on a nights lamping. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah I heard it were like that back in the 1930s?

Best off with just a normal lead with clip on then you can use it as a normal lead or use it as a slip by holding the clip end and threading other end threw collar, old bill can take a proper slip lea

When younger me trackies never had string in them I don't lose leads like I used to ? ? 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

That’s what I guessed looking at it ? might be a useful thing to stick round dogs neck in an emergency ? but wouldn’t want to hold my big dog in that on a nights lamping. 

Mines hanging on back o the door 4 ever where it can rot

make a small loop about half way up a piece of rope put the single end through and tighten up on dogs neck and let go to slip i used this method when running hedgy land as a boy, i now use webbing with a hand loop at either end when not slipping put both over your hand good positive hold.

7 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Never understood them things you may aswell just hold the dog on a normal collar and let it go when you want as use that ? 

That’s very true. I couldn’t quite fathom it really. Some lad gave it to me when I called into his house. 

On 08/08/2021 at 23:12, jake2580 said:

Bailing twine from farmers gate on way out 

Found these today whilst sorting my nets out , i made the end two they are actually quiet small , they never sprung open and worked well , the other two i bought they were rubbish , 

I only use a length of webbing now , simpler ,safer and no problem if lost or gets a bit chewed up .

2021-08-26 13.39.34.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...