Slip lead/collar

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah I heard it were like that back in the 1930s?

Best off with just a normal lead with clip on then you can use it as a normal lead or use it as a slip by holding the clip end and threading other end threw collar, old bill can take a proper slip lea

When younger me trackies never had string in them I don't lose leads like I used to ? ? 

Posted Images

22 hours ago, NE_Monkey said:

Have a lot of time for paracord, wrist loop at one end, finger loop at other, wraps round hand when not in use or just dangles from wrist comfortably and when I lost one, zero Fs given.

Not an answer I'm afraid, but an alternative.

Atb

Paracord a squaddies best friend! Good shout 

19 hours ago, Black neck said:

I use a birra this webbing strap now when the get a bit old and the ladders risk flying down the m1 just cut the buckle off and your away ,slips nice and being abit wider dunt cut in if u got a pulling b*****d ,ya can buy them wi loop handle stiched in ,found a camo 1 once what someone had lost and yep I lost it 2

20210809_123008.jpg

I thought you were black, Blacky.

I've got a couole of Strong Stuff's slip leads, which i use mostly now.

When i ran bull crosses i always used a good quality leather lead with an 'o' ring in the handle to shorten it. I'd double the lead, thread it up through the collar, holding the trigger clip in my hand and the middle of the lead through the collar on my finger to slip.

I found it much more comfortable than nylon slips for 'stronger' dogs.

There is a way of using one piece or rope/string round the neck of the dog, without a collar and using it to slip. I've seen it done and it worked brilliantly but i'd need to see it again to do it.

If your not a fan of a collar on your dog when its out, this could be ideal.

14 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

There is a way of using one piece or rope/string round the neck of the dog, without a collar and using it to slip. I've seen it done and it worked brilliantly but i'd need to see it again to do it.

I seen the warraner use this way on his lamping tape lurchers by night I think u call it 

57 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Seen folk using a gundog slip as well. A pic would be better, but the choker part goes on the wrist, lead round the neck and pulled through the handle part and held with a finger. Clear as mud lol

Best off with just a normal lead with clip on then you can use it as a normal lead or use it as a slip by holding the clip end and threading other end threw collar, old bill can take a proper slip lead or even a length of strapping off you and use it as evidence, that’s just what someone told me and definitely not from experience 

• Like 4