New Ferret locator being tested…

5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

It is what it is mate, an tbh I’m no sure on price tbh but I do know what ever number he sticks on it he won’t me ripping piss, he don’t with anything else he does ?

If I was him in looking in to here he stands with the other guy selling them if he’s bought patent,fair enough people recalibration get them is one thing, had some nets off him in past and was sound chap sent me couple freebies as well, will hold out to see what happens with his ,would rather put money in his pocket than the other chaps as long as it don’t cost arm leg 

Edited by Elchapo
  • Like 4

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've never said I'm making a new ferret finder, those that I've spoken to have always been told "we"  There's 3 of us in this project and always has been from day one. Cloning a Mk1 locator isn't

I cant say anything about final prices but the other two guys involved have been told from day one, we ain't doing this and taking the piss on the price. Money is not the motivation behind this for me

Les makes all his carry boxes himself,, rigs all his long nets also ,, if and it's very rarely he needs a few purse nets to up his stock then he only goes to trusted net makers ..   

Posted Images

On 12/12/2021 at 10:29, Moocher71 said:

I think the first mk1 was  £20 or £40 when they first came out ,I've got a feeling it was £,20 though. I get that was  long time ago but £200 for mk1 is robbery and a step back from mk3 

They no folk going to pay these prices as a locator essential bit of kit ,not that ever stop me and many others going out without out one and I've never lost a ferret to ground ,had some long waits but that's way it was and yes they make life easier but they also change the way some folk ferret especially new comers to the sport , 

Mooch 

When they first came on the market £32 box and 1 collar or £46 box and 2 collars and they were 8ft

• Like 1

I've never said I'm making a new ferret finder, those that I've spoken to have always been told "we" 

There's 3 of us in this project and always has been from day one. Cloning a Mk1 locator isn't difficult and if that's what I wanted then it could of been done a long time ago. Why copy something like that and not try and improve on it? Its not something I could do with my skill set.  The engineer who's the brains behind this project designs stuff like this for a living, unfortunately since Covid hit he has had some serious family issues,,, I won't go into details as its not my place to say. Family is the most important thing in anyone's lives, so when the times right we'll get cracking again. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
On 13/12/2021 at 20:10, NELS0N said:

I cant say anything about final prices but the other two guys involved have been told from day one, we ain't doing this and taking the piss on the price. Money is not the motivation behind this for me. ?

So who stumped up £100,000 and what did you get from Debens for that?

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Don't know if this is the one but theresa orange box on sale , There's a few on sites and ebay for resale don't know if the guys cant get on with them or there selling up due to the lack of rabbits