New Ferret locator being tested…

2 hours ago, neil b said:

I am lead to believe les nelson is making the new ferret finder, are these ones not just refurbished old boxes?? 

From what I can make out Neil they are brand new . 

• Like 1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The local priest came out quicker than this box 

i loved my old grey boxes....still got two of them.... then i got the carrot ....the first one i had i got second hand and it was never right.....i bought a brand new one about 18 month ago ...an

Posted Images

I bought one from Jim chick years ago and as he said it’ll cut out ( bleeping) when you get nearer the collar, it did at 10” and was a right feckin pain… if these pick up inches away from the collar then I’ll buy one.

Not a bad price that if come with warranty and can be fixed , I hate the mk3 box but love collar I’ll stick with. MK3 for now until it packs 8n then will try new one if they not gone tits up by then 

• Like 2

i know the only thing that really maters is how they work.....

but they do look a bit shit....you would think with new kit they would look the part a bit ...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TOMO said:

i know the only thing that really maters is how they work.....

but they do look a bit shit....you would think with new kit they would look the part a bit ...

Rustic looking tomo like my self lol. The old boxes looked the tidy

i loved my old grey boxes....still got two of them....

then i got the carrot ....the first one i had i got second hand and it was never right.....i bought a brand new one about 18 month ago ...and im glad i did ..its bang on deadly acurate ..i would have thought this new box would be something like the mrk3....not like the old box thats nearly 50 year old

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, TOMO said:

i loved my old grey boxes....still got two of them....

then i got the carrot ....the first one i had i got second hand and it was never right.....i bought a brand new one about 18 month ago ...and im glad i did ..its bang on deadly acurate ..i would have thought this new box would be something like the mrk3....not like the old box thats nearly 50 year old

Probably just copied it exactly so to save on trying to invent something new. It doesn’t look great but if it works better then the carrot then I’ll change over 

10 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Dave habbart of fb is selling reconditioned mrk 1 boxes for £90 work fine gives you a warranty with it

Where on Facebook could I find these mate 

24 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Once you get your head round the mk3 boxes they were better than mk1. 

agreed ....

my first mk3 the depth was always short....or long depending on your view....if it said 3 foot....the depth was 2 foot....but it was deadly acurate as to the exact spot above the collar/ferret...

the new mk3 i have is deadly acurate both with depth and being right above....

as much as i like the old grey knocker box....the new m3 is better

• Like 1